• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I know that magnetic fields and automatic watches don’t mix well, and it just occured to me to wonder if the magnetic field from my machine could affect my watch, as I wear my watch on the same wrist I tattoo with… Any ideas as to if there might be an issue, or might it be better to just wear quartz while tattooing?

Best not to wear watches or rings when you tattoo…
      unless your gloves cover them or you are wearing disposable plastic sleeve covers.
      its a sanitation issue

@canvasyou wrote:

Best not to wear watches or rings when you tattoo…
      unless your gloves cover them or you are wearing disposable plastic sleeve covers.
      its a sanitation issue

I don’t tend to put my ring back on over the top of my glove, and I always pull the glove over my watch and then barrier my arm as well… Any input on the topic though? I’ve solved the issue by having a quartz watch for wearing while working, but I’m still curious as to if the field from the machine could affect an automatic watch. I asked the artist working in the store where I get my supplies from about this just after posting the question, and he said he had seen something about it online, but wasn’t 100% sure himself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan