• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy5
      Participant

I’m taking on a cover up. This tattoo is pretty f’d up. The only thing I could come up with is doing an old school snake, that way I could wind it around to cover up all of the area’s I need to. I threw around the idea of a panter head, but it won’t fit well. The snake I’m going to use is a Sailor Jerry flash piece with a lot of design to mask the old lines and has a lot of black and grey and little color, mostly browns, reds, and browish yellow. I’ve reworked tattoos before but never completely covered one. Any idea’s or tips.

Viper65

Looking forward to see what you come up with….be sure and post it in the Post your work area so everyone see’s it!

wrathone11
      Participant

Hey, just going to throw and some ideas out the for you, I’ve seen them work.

You could go in and pack some flesh tone or white on that, make sure you don’t go too deep or scar it let it heal completely then do your cover up. It can really mute out that black and make your area easier to cover with a new design. Some artist will say not to do this, but like I said I’ve seen it work it and done it a few times and got some good results.

I’ve also seen blues and greens used in a cover up that unless you’re really studying the tattoo in real close detail you would never know it was a cover up and even then it was hard to see that it was. I’ve got a small tribal skull that a friend of mine covered with this technique and you can’t even tell unless I point it out.

I’ve also seen a guy use yellow to go over black and I thought he was crazy at the time and never would have believed it would work, but it did and I’m still amazed. I wouldn’t try it, but he made it work somehow. It was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen.

The key is going to be making sure you’re using good technique and good ink. The inks I’ve seen cover black are Eternal, Mom’s, Waverly and some Skin Candy inks.

Good Luck Man, I’d like to see what you do with it.

Randy5
      Participant

Thanks for the info. I’ve always wondered about the white of black. Well here it is. Tell me what you think. I think it turned out great. The yellow worked out good too. I basically took the old Sailor Jerry Rattle Snake and conformed it to what I needed. I blew up the head to distract what ever old tattoo might show through and I thought the design really broke up the rest of the lettering.

Randy5
      Participant

This one is crooked but that’s how I had to upload it to get the pixels down.

Tarantula

nice job!

Randy5
      Participant

Thanks

wrathone11
      Participant

Good job

stanski

It turned out good it is hard to see the first tatt you did a good job on it. I was asked to do a cover up but i am still trying to find out what colors will work on it she wants two butterfly’s with he daughters name in between the two butterfly’s. What colors will work to cover black up real well?????

torifgarder

For your snake design,The black and gray color would be better for out shading. You can choose a nautical star tattoo as a cover up. It looks very pretty and nice.

I’ve also seen doldrums and veggies used in a protect up that unless you’re really learning the body art in actual near details you would never know it was a protect up and even then it was difficult to see that it was. I’ve got a little tribe mind that a companion protected with this strategy and you can’t even tell unless I factor it out.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan