• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy5
      Participant

So this is my first cover up. I love the old Sailor Jerry Tattoos and convinced the client to go with this Sailor Jerry Rattle Snake to cover it up. Later we’ll incorporate the Don’t tread on me script. The old tattoo is classic scratcher tattoo (not mine). I thought this would be best to break up the lettering and distract from the cover up with a detailed head. The body was changed from the orginial flash to fit the cover up and make it one of a kind. I used a 5 and 9 round tight. 9 flat. mom’s mellenium colors and true black intenze and kuro sumi outline ink. 10 wrap coils all around.

Randy5
      Participant

Here’s my work!

Randy5
      Participant

And another pic. I had to rotate this one to get to load because the upright image was to large to upload. Sorry you have to tilt your head.

Viper65

Looks damn good to me!

Randy5
      Participant

Thanks. I think I’m going to have him come back and see if another application of ink will hide it even better. You can kind of see some of the old lettering if you know where to look. Maybe some more shading over that will make it cleaner looking, but overall he was pleased. Thanks for the support Viper.

Viper65

No problem, awsome looking tatt there bro!!!

ink4me

i agree that looks good. I like the lines, fine and straight, no jaggies. very cool.

Randy5
      Participant

Thanks

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan