• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys !
      I really need some help..
      I got a tattoo done by a friend quite some time ago and I honestly hate looking at it,
      I really need to cover it up and for some reason I had a dream last night and kept waking up to ask my girlfriend “Do you think I can cover this up with tribal?” Lol weird eh.. But today I really would like to do something to it as it is REALLY bugging me lol.
      Can someone please help me with any ideas as to what I could use to cover up this awful piece of sh*t? lol
      http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/imageqofg.jpg/

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

you can cover practically anything with practically anything
      the trick is to have the new design larger than the first, and have it very busy. that way it disguises the old tattoo rather than COVER it. that’s the whole point of a cover up

id say come up with an elaborate sleeve idea and knock it out

check out the show Tattoo Nightmares. It’s a tattoo show with no drama, and is nothing but cover ups

Thanks man I appreciate it,
      I’ve seen a few episodes of that show but the ones I have seen so far they have not done a cover up or anything so big and so ugly yet haha,
      I will try and see some more today though for sure cause nothing would be better right now but to cover this up lol

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

they even cover tribal a few times in that show :)

Jester
      Participant

“America’s Worst Tattoos” is another show
      about coverups. Pretty good show.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the problem with that show is its more about the story of the tattoos than the tattoos themselves so you dont get to see the process, or hear tips in that one D:

Jester
      Participant

Good point. Maybe I just like watching Megan Massacre :P

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i think we all do haha

Ugh.. Im having a problem guys!
      I am shading over and over again and im not getting the result I thought I was going to.. It seemed a lot easier the other day when I did the skull tat on my leg. I am trying to fill in tribal as a cover up, and it seems like hardly any of the ink is settling into my skin but I can feel the pain haha. Any help?? :(
      I have put everything away now but I know I am using a round shader as well as trying the flat i believe it said 1207m or something rather.. Sorry its 333am here I am in my bed with a bad back pain lol, been doing this tattoo for quite sometime now, the outline went in perfectly find.. I just don’t understand why its taking so much work to get my black fill in..
      Tried both my liner and shader gun.. Same result, tried different voltage on my power box.. Same result, its weird..
      Tips??

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

when you’re doing a solid piece like tribal you want to do small circles very slowly
      make sure you check your depth and such
      colouring can be rough to learn as it’s all in the angle and technique
      make sure you’re at a 45* angle, and do small circles and go nice and slow :)
      id wait a while before making another attempt
      you dont want to scar up your leg

It’s a different piece lol,
      Attempting that tribal cover up..
      It’s taking so much work lol it’s actually a pain in the butt… Been hitting it since last night lol and im here this morning attempting again

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Live2RydeZX9R/media/DSCF2635_zpsae8022c3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Live2RydeZX9R/media/DSCF2634_zps0066c319.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Live2RydeZX9R/media/DSCF2632_zpsab6e00b6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

I am stopping at that as I am sore and im starting to hold my breath when im doing it making it a lot harder for me haha as I am asthmatic .. Ps all this work is on myself, I am a scratcher at home and I am trying my hardest to learn.

Felt like e leg tattoo it came out so much easier then it is on this.. Im hitting spots with both a round shader doing the small circles very slowly, as well as a mag shader I believe its called, double layers flat shader.. It seems as if hardly any ink is coming out :(

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I am also Asthmatic so i can relate

You may need to adjust your throw and such.
      make sure you have at least a nickle of throw on the top and the bottom of your armature bar
      when you pull the bar down there should be a nickle between the front spring and the contact screw
      and when its in the rested position you should have a nickle between the front coil, and the a bar

be sure you adjust your tube so that the needle can stick out enough
      when you set your voltage be sure to lightly touch your a bar
      this will simulate the needle in the skin
      watch how much the needle moves back
      if it goes back A LOT or TOO MUCH increase the voltage
      if it doesnt move AT ALL decrease the voltage or youll tear the skin up

it should only have a slight give to it
      the voltage doesnt affect the speed of the machine. thats the cap, and the springs
      it only affects the POWER. in other words how hard your machine hits
      if it isnt hitting hard enough you wont penetrate the skin
      if its hitting TOO hard youll damage the skin

just make a few adjustments

give your skin some time to heal beforemaking another attempt. i know it sucks sitting with an unfinished tattoo for two weeks but it has to be done D:

youll aslso need to find something to do between your tribal to finish up that coverup

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan