• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Crozzy

G’day everyone from the Teach Me To Tattoo community. I’ve read and bought the teach me to tattoo book, along with one of the somewhat taboo tattoo kits from the internet, so I can learn more about techniques and the tattoo industry, and hopefully get some advice from real tattoo artists. I’ll say straight away that I’m not seeking an apprenticeship at the moment, but I’m still very keen to learn how to tattoo safely and be as clean as possible, and won’t be touching skin until I know I’m on the right track with procedures and machine skills (using pig skins, fruits, practice skins, etc.) Skin is an appealing canvas, and I’d love to be able to work with it.

A lot of you probably don’t like what I’m trying to do here, but I have no intentions to make big money off being able to tattoo, or even open a shop. I already have a great career, so there really isn’t room for an apprenticeship. I’m guessing I’m going to cop a lot of flak for being a “Scratcher”, but maybe in a couple of years I can convince some of you that not all scratchers are some dodgy kid who got ten machines in a kit from china and gets to work on his mates when they come around for weekend drinks.

So that’s my introduction, let the welcoming/hate flow…

Randy5
      Participant

Noone here has a shitty attitude like that, as long as you do what you say and keep it clean. Be sure to post your practice work in the forum. Welcome.

TexasPT

Welcome…this is a “scratcher’s” forum for sure. Lots of us learning and sharing information. The more you post…the more you’ll learn.

Mark

Crozzy

cheers for the welcome fellas, I’ll post up pics of my practice pieces soon

Viper65

Crozzy,
      No worries here…I am pretty much the same as you. I have a good carreer and no desire to undertake and apprenticeship. I do this as a hobby and because i enjoy the entire art form. I could work in a shop part time and have been offered it to me, not sure yet what I will do but will probably pass on it as well…I just want to do this when i want to do it…
      best of luck,
      viper

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan