• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      cjmahone66

still drawing a lot, unfortunately not tattoo anything lately- it’s driving me crazy!

anyway, this one was inspired by another one in Classic Flash in 5 Bold Colors. i love that book!

Microns, india ink, diet coke, watercolor…..

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311689_505079832851403_1556681608_n.jpg

jguzman89

you drew that? i like it, maybe some blood on the blade when its showing in his mouth and underneath his head but who am i to tell you what to do lol. great job man :)

cjmahone66

@jguzman89 wrote:

you drew that? i like it, maybe some blood on the blade when its showing in his mouth and underneath his head but who am i to tell you what to do lol. great job man :)

yes i drew/painted that. i’ve been really trying to simplify my drawings and make them “less detailed” and more readable in tattoo form, so thats why i left out the blood and other details.

jguzman89

the more i look at that thing the more i like it. Is this considered like an old school style? did you use watercolor as far as the painting?

ok so i tried to do my own version changing it up a little, came out horrible looks like my 10 year old brother drew it :|
      http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/dscf0118m.jpg/

cjmahone66

i guess you could consider it a little bit old school. if you like this style, you should really check out “Classic Flash in 5 Bold Colors” by McCullouch.

i outline with different thicknesses of Micron ink pens, then i use paintbrushes and spit shade with india ink and water. after the india ink dries i color it with water colors, then do the background in diet coke and a few tints here and there with watercolor.

giliegil

background in diet coke? lol – wow that’s cool – i just do art with pencils and pens on paper – and of course skin…. – but that’s cool to be able to use so many different things – i had an idea that hasn’t taken off the ground yet – i want to do art on mirrors using the old inks i don’t use anymore – what gave u the idea to use diet coke? and does it have to be diet? lol i love it! :D 8-)

cjmahone66

@giliegil wrote:

background in diet coke? lol – wow that’s cool – i just do art with pencils and pens on paper – and of course skin…. – but that’s cool to be able to use so many different things – i had an idea that hasn’t taken off the ground yet – i want to do art on mirrors using the old inks i don’t use anymore – what gave u the idea to use diet coke? and does it have to be diet? lol i love it! :D 8-)

i got the idea from another member on the Ink Trails forum. if you use regular coke, there will be sugar dried into your paper (will atract ants).

giliegil

haaaaa – that’s cool – as fancy as ive gotten is using tissue to blend :lol:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan