• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rpaynejr1279

[attachment=0:fuu5hj1d]decorative skull.jpg[/attachment:fuu5hj1d]i apologize for the many posts i couldnt figure out how to combine them all, any advice for shading and color techniques would be very helpful, machine set up,needle groups,etc. thanx have a great day everyone.

xDreamerx
      Participant

I like the design on the skull, good choice of color too.

As for shading I would suggest you do a feather shading stroke…vs just circular shading, cause I dont see it progress from dark to like, looks like one flat tone of shading. Maybe some shading on the back / top of skull would help. The color packing loox pretty good thought.

Try using a mag for your shading, something of this size I would use a 3 or a 5.

A lot of this info is readily available in the book sold here basic fundamentals of modern tattoo. The book will cover all your questions for a beginner. I HIGHLY recommend it for you just based on the questions your asking and the picture you provided of your work. Not to take anything away from your work, but it will help you a lot in this case. I mean that in a good way amigo.

rpaynejr1279

thanx, yeah sometimes ive noticed when shading i might leave lines or dots so i tend to do circular to avoid that any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, maybe not properly tuned or too low power, i think i used a 7 curved mag on this one, thanx again.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan