• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      TexasPT

I wasn’t sure what section to put this in. If I wanted to try double stack magnums do I just use a tube set up for the larger count side of the stack? For example…a double stack seven is three on top and four on the bottom. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a flat four tube. Would I just use a 5? I know 7 would leave too much space on the sides, wouldn’t it?

I probably answered my own question here but would rather make sure instead of assuming.

Mark

Depends on the actual gauge of the needles. The diameter of the individual needles. Stacked are usually a bit smaller than woven. But all needle makers are not complaint with all tube makers…
      Trial and error from each manufacturer is the way to learn..
      cant hurt to have extra tubes though –
      just buy a box of 20 or 50
      and you will be okay –
      : )

the goal is to get a good ink flow out of the tube -sometimes you want more gap on the sides – sometimes you like it snug.
      W/ disposables there is a lot more friction though – so just keep it in mind.
      I like the hard blue tubes..
      that plastic seems to be the best –
      Kingpin has em
      they have long nose – and are pretty solid plastic – almost brittle…
      some tube makers have softer plastic that you just wanna bend the things –
      i like it more slick and rigid for my tubes. close to metal as you can get – (for plastic)

leena

A double stack magnum is a needle arrangement that consists of a bottom layer of needles lined up tightly in a row with a second stack of tightly lined needles on top of the first. The layers have different numbers of needles in them. Common double stack magnum sizes are 5, 7, 9, 11, and 15.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan