• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      SirBlazeAloT

Ok guys what up the names “BlazeAlot” Its been my online gaming name for years so it’s always stuck with me on most forums I join :geek:

Anyways, Firstly im 24, live in cincinnati ohio and have been drawing a few years, took a break for a few years and just got back into drawing again in the past few months(2-3). I have quite a few tattoos and have always been interested in the art of tattooing. So i’ve decided to try to start tattooing and if I succeed maybe try to find/earn an apprenticeship at a shop somewhere here in cincinnati.

I ordered my tattoo kit last week and the fedex arrival date is scheduled for tomorrow the 10th. Im currently on unemployment so i’ve been drawing/practicing as much as possible, and Ive been doing my research on tattooing and how to set up/ clean/ and use the machine. I’ve watched hundreds(literally) of videos of professional tattoo artist giving basic tutorial/ tips and tricks to tattooing from beginner to advanced techniques. I am pretty good at drawing (i think) the MAIN thing I need to work on is my SHADING. Thats why I ordered a few sheets of double sided practice skin to get the feel of the machine, and to learn how to get the feel of depth of the needle and keep it consistent. Also I need to learn how to shade with the shading needles. I have 100 pack of an assortment of needles , 3,5,7,9 RL : 5,7,9 RS : 5,7,9 Mags and I ordered 2 machines which are both multi- purpose shader/liner guns. 10+ colors of ink: gloves: tubes: grommets:grips: rubber bands ect… I have a lot of tattoos and have friends that do them (not professionally) so I am familiar with how to set up the gun and stuff like that already.

SO with my first post I will be sharing with you a few drawings,followed by a few small things done on practice skin tomorrow.
      Any criticism is welcome, deliberate flaming and trash talking my work however is not. :)

Zombie

Gangsta Wizard

Grim Reaper

Evil Eye

Enjoy

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

welcome….
      you designs dont look horrible, but yes your shading should improve. your drawings are sort of lifeless without dimension. it takes practice, but isnt hard to master. when refering to your tools, please dont call them “guns”, this is a no-no in the tattooing industry. they do not project bullets. they are “machines”. the machines you ordered arent multi-purpose. they can be either a shader, or a liner, but require more then just a twist of a screw to change from one to the other. you need to set them up, and tune them in for what you want them to do. always remember the machine does the work, you just guide it.

SirBlazeAloT

@Troub1edSou1z wrote:

welcome….
      you designs dont look horrible, but yes your shading should improve. your drawings are sort of lifeless without dimension. it takes practice, but isnt hard to master. when refering to your tools, please dont call them “guns”, this is a no-no in the tattooing industry. they do not project bullets. they are “machines”. the machines you ordered arent multi-purpose. they can be either a shader, or a liner, but require more then just a twist of a screw to change from one to the other. you need to set them up, and tune them in for what you want them to do. always remember the machine does the work, you just guide it.

Thanks a lot for the reply. My MACHINES will be here via fedex today, along with practice skins and all the other supplies I mentioned in the original thread.

Im patiently just waiting now to get my stuff. Once I get it ill post pics of my new stuff :D

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

i know your going to want to go at it right away. your best bet is to read the sterilization threads on cross contamination, and try to get your self into a habit of proper set up, and breakdown, and in between. do this regardless of whether your tattooing practice skins, fruits or real skin. cleanliness is the most important part of tattooing.

SirBlazeAloT

@Troub1edSou1z wrote:

i know your going to want to go at it right away. your best bet is to read the sterilization threads on cross contamination, and try to get your self into a habit of proper set up, and breakdown, and in between. do this regardless of whether your tattooing practice skins, fruits or real skin. cleanliness is the most important part of tattooing.

Hey man Ill have my kit anytime between now and the next 3-4 hours, Im wondering if my practice skin doesn’t make it here the SAME day, what FRUITS can I practice on that I can get from the local grocery? Any tips would be great man

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

grapefruits, oranges, honeydew, or if you have a local butcher you can find out about getting pigskin. its alot better than the fake stuff, and will react more like real skin. i would suggest whatever you use wrap it around something so it has curve to it, so you get the hang of being able to work on real skin. (theres no flat areas on a human). just be safe, and take your time and learn properly.

SirBlazeAloT

@Troub1edSou1z wrote:

grapefruits, oranges, honeydew, or if you have a local butcher you can find out about getting pigskin. its alot better than the fake stuff, and will react more like real skin. i would suggest whatever you use wrap it around something so it has curve to it, so you get the hang of being able to work on real skin. (theres no flat areas on a human). just be safe, and take your time and learn properly.

Of course I still havent gotten my practice skin in the mail SO I am forced today to buy and use grapefruit lol.. SO Here is a stencil that I got to stick decently on a grapefruit.
      Ill post a picture later when Im finished tattooing the stencil outline. Wish me luck!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan