• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

ok so a buddy of mine wants a finger tattoo (side of his middle finger) and he asked my how i think it would look, in a nutshell i told him it could get blown out, or fade really bad. i get how that happens, but is there a way to not do that? is it just because the way the skin is, that it really just wont hold well, or is there a way to avoid those problems. how deep do you go with a finger tattoo, shallower i would think. and because the skin on hands regenerate faster dose that mean that tattoo would heal faster? any different setting for the machine or power supply you would need to change? im not doing his tattoo, but it just got me to thinking about these questions. im sure ill do one, one day

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I’ve never noticed hand, or knuckle tattoos healing any faster than any other tattoo, and I have my knuckles, and my right hand tattooed. However, the inside of the finger is a very bad place to get a tattoo. It is a different skin type than that on top of the knuckles. Also it is very high traffic area(it gets rubbed, and touched A LOT). This friction can actually cause tattoos to take LONGER to heal, peel scabs accidentally, and it even causes excess skin shedding which fades your tattoo much faster. Personally, it isnt a very good choice for a spot to put a tattoo. The tattoo will not last. As far as blow outs anywhere is subject to blow out. I would say be gentle, and work slowly. If you rush you’ll probably go too deep. The dermis layer here–I find–is slightly thinner. So you need to take your time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Finger tattoos will look more cool one some time with some thoughts also it give an perfect look to it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan