• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Laughatbilly

Just received my set and busted out these 2. I noticed I can see individual needle marks after shading is that the practice skin or do I need to adjust my machine?

Infamous
      Participant

What needles are you using?

Laughatbilly

I used a 7rl, 7rs

Infamous
      Participant

hmm well not what I was thinking then.

Do you just have the one machine? Do you adjust the voltage when switching from lining to shading?

Rscotti91
      Participant

@Laughatbilly wrote:

Just received my set and busted out these 2. I noticed I can see individual needle marks after shading is that the practice skin or do I need to adjust my machine?

I don’t think it has to do with the voltage, since that has nothing to do with the speed of the needles travel. I suggest smaller tighter circles or ovals, whatever your hand can keep up with. Go slower until you get used to the motions, and work upward then cross-hatch.
      R.Scotti

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Small circles are usually more for solid colour rather than shading
      i could have sworn i just commented in here i dont know what happened lol

try using an M1 especially for something that size. youll get a nicer and smoother shade that way.
      if you dont get your overlap almost perfect with an RS youll get that pencil like look to your shades.

i only use RS for smaller pieces, certain colour works, and script

99.9% of my shading is done with M1

looks good for your first works though :D

maybe try Honey dew melons next. personally i never liked practice skin

Rscotti91
      Participant

OH WOW SORRY RAM BEEN UP FOR OVER 24HRS! HAD TO GO FOR A DRUG-SCREEN FOR MY NEW JOB TODAY! Yes, you’re right no circles nor ovals!!! lol ^___^ I started a tattoo the other night and I’ve just been practising my color, to get ready to finish the tattoo. lol I NEED SLEEP!!! Hahaha

Lennart82
      Participant

Agree with Ram.

Try using the mag. It takes some practise to master, but when you know how to use them, they work like a charm.

One of the best ways to practise with mags, are using a banana. I dont know why, but if your rough with the mags on a banana, it kinda swells. If it does that, your doing it wrong and will turn real skin into hamburger meat.
      Just a little tip I learned. :ugeek:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan