• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Loopi

So I have been messing around with practice skin and this is one I just finished today. I am only tattooing since April-ish.

I have been looking at it and I can see a few areas wihere my lines didnt finish properly and are a bit unsteady. This is because I am a rookie but also because I am trying to train my self to draw with the tip and not the needle so I have a constant needle dept.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/598830_10151034601081011_600329027_n.jpg

Johnny

Wow I see some big improvments. Can’t really see the definition of the lines, but the look good from what I can tell. In the skin the large areas you left blank for lighted areas would look funky. Keep working on blending your dark to light transitions. It may be hard in practice skin, but its hard in real skin too. Keep it up!

Loopi

Yeah! :) thank u!!

Can I ask something, if you were doing this image how would you do the areas with that are. plain, where its meant to be the light … would you put a white to hightlight it or a very light grey wash just to give it some texture?

:)

Johnny

Yes, depending on the skin complection of the collector (I am assuming every client you ever see will be powder white, but I’m in california and everyone has tans haha) I would blend deeper into the areas that are being lit, to add definition. Even if you are illustrating a white flower you will need to add shadows and definition, or it won’t look right. White tattoo ink is best used in small doses. Since a good majority of people won’t retain white pigment over large areas, and it is affected easily by sunlight its almost always better to use your clients skin tone as a base for larger light areas. For B and G work I would suggest using a fast (not hard) running shader. This will help you blend dark to light transitions easier than a slower color packing machine setup. I know you can draw rather well, and sometimes new artists get consumed with technique and machine tuning and needle depth (which are all important) and they leave their artistic abilities behind for the sake of the technical aspect of tattooing. Just keep doing what you are doing, and try to have some fun with ur practice skins. Keep it up loopi

giliegil

that looks cool – what i did when i was doing those was color them next……for example – if you were going wiyh red – you would hit the red over the shading and hit the light/plain areas with yellow – have some more fun with it – :mrgreen: 8-)

giliegil

i took this pic 1/2 way through it because i liked to see the difference after adding color – i figured this pic would show beter what i was trying to explain earlier – – hope this helps :)

giliegil

haha – forgot to upload earlier :lol:

Loopi

Oh that looks good! I get what you mean now! I am gonna give that a lash! I like how it blends out in to the skin tone! :) thanks gil!

giliegil

ur welcome! glad i can help :D

Very nice. I did a practice skin and went right back to pigskin.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan