• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester Ink
      Participant

first off, dunno if this is the right place to post, i apologize if it is..
      Pretty much as the title says,am i the only one or is there others that are burnt/burned out tattooing already? Don’t get me wrong, i love it, just getting tired of it. As i told my girlfriend lastnight “i’m doing this for the wrong reason, tattooing people and not enjoying it. i’m not tattooing cuz i love it, i’m tattooing to shut them up.”
      i guess cuz i’m under alot of stress lately or fell out of love tattooing but i’ve thought of selling off my supplies and giving it up. Been told don’t give it up because i’m good at it, lol. some of us know our worse critics are ourselves, and i absolutly agree with that. I tend to degrade all work i do and draw, being raised up abused does that i guess. anyways, sorry for the rambling, lol, no one here in my life to truly understand what i mean by what i say.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

JEster I think what you need to do is just take a little break. take some YOU time. if you dont want to do a tat dont do it. tell them you are busy or something. you shouldnt do tats to shut people up, thats why you’re getting burnt out bro. you’re getting stressed over the tat and not wanting to do it means you cant enjoy it means you wont perform to the best of your abilities. just be more picky with yours tats and youll do great! lemme know how it goes.

first step take some time off, but keep your supplies. jump back into it in a week or two

robroy289
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

JEster I think what you need to do is just take a little break. take some YOU time. if you dont want to do a tat dont do it. tell them you are busy or something. you shouldnt do tats to shut people up, thats why you’re getting burnt out bro. you’re getting stressed over the tat and not wanting to do it means you cant enjoy it means you wont perform to the best of your abilities. just be more picky with yours tats and youll do great! lemme know how it goes.

first step take some time off, but keep your supplies. jump back into it in a week or two

I agree totally with this!! If you are doing a bunch of tattoos just to please the general public then yes you will get burned out fast.. Do you remember why you first fell in love with tattoos and tattooing?? Take a break but don’t sell your machines and supply’s because you will never get those machines that you set up and are use to back. I will tell you where i work in a shop now it does get easy to get burned out fast, sometimes i wish i was back in my living room not having to deal with customers, health department, Fire Marshall, and all that gets over whelming sometimes. Drawl some custom art, something that you would love to tattoo, and offer a free tattoo to someone that will except the design… Start doing tattoos that you like and with in reason with the client and be selective! You can turn a tattoo down unless you really need the money! Stop being a people pleaser, and i don’t mean to sound smart.. i hope this helps cause we don’t wanna loose a Tattoo brother or sister!!!!

Tweezie

Agreed ^^

Take some time off. Maybe go on a vacation. Dont have to be something fancy, just get away from it ll if you can.

And do less tattoos. Dont overbook .
      Let us know hoe it goes.

I wish you all the best. I know how it feels to be burned out on something.

spotlaan

Burnout may be the result of unrelenting stress but it isn’t the same as too much . Being burned out means feeling empty devoid of motivation and beyond caring .You experience bulbs burning out too quickly even after you change every bulb at one time .

Spider
      Participant

Most definately take some slow breathes there. And do be selective. If ur in a shop it doesn’t mean that you have to take every new piece that comes in the door. If ur not in a shop you can be much more selective in the process of who and what you ink. If you are good they will come back. Think Guy Aithchinson, if I remember right a few years back this guy went to nothing but appointments and only took the pieces that he wanted to do and people had to convince him about the piece to even get started. It helped build his name and so on. If it’s all about the money then there isn’t much that can be done on that end. If ur doing 20 pieces a week and barely clearing a grand then you are way way over working imo. One of my guys had that same issue, before he came to my shop he was the cheap guy, charging 20 dollar pieces and 100 sleeves and so on. OI!!! Keep your pricing on a competitive level and you will get the work if your work is good. Think simple, use a timer, if you’re not making at least 45 an hour when it’s done and over you are getting ripped off and taken advantage of as an artist, if you’re making 50-100 an hour then you’re getting better, doing less work and still making the bills every month.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan