• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Kres7787

Hi,

I’m almost certain by now that I registered on a wrong forum. I merely wanted to get some feedback on getting the first tattoo.

In case my thread wont get deleted… Since as often how it goes, it’s easy to overdo it the first time. You want it all. I do anyway. Naturally I’m a scared bee when it comes to deciding on what to do. Nothing really makes sense to me in terms of symbols. Hence idea is to make, in contrast to the scared bee, a dragon tattoo. Now my worries are that it may be bit aggressive, and let me show the one that I want to do (so that’s not my tattoo):

http://www.strategyinformer.com/tests/drg.jpg (would probably change the pic to look less aggressive)

So it’s cool to me, but then again, I don’t want people to be scared of me cause of a bloody tattoo.

Anyway, as tattoo artists, what do you think I should be concerned about with getting the first tattoo done?

I have a private business, hence there’s no need to worry about that side of things. I’m 30 years old.

Thanks,

TexasPT

your body, your tattoo.

If you are concerned about reactions…hide it. If you think you’ll regret it…get a SMALL one first. Better to regret a little something than a giant dragon on your forearm. :)

Kres7787

@TexasPT wrote:

your body, your tattoo.

If you are concerned about reactions…hide it. If you think you’ll regret it…get a SMALL one first. Better to regret a little something than a giant dragon on your forearm. :)

A small regret VS a big one :D hehe yeah. Then again I couldn’t make my mind on 1 tattoo, now figuring out 2 tattoos…. could take a while. Should prolly just find something less aggressive, and smaller. God damn it, who knows… I don’t, that’s for sure. Thanks anyway :) Btw, do you know of any good web sites for browsing tattoos?

TexasPT

google “tattoos” and use the image search

Kres7787

Yeah but figured, could also search local tattoo studios. Eg, Tattoo London, Tattoo New York … etc. Unbelievable that there aren’t any well made online catalogues.

Tarantula

If you’re concerned about what people will think of you with your tattoo DON’T GET ONE! it’s that simple!

Kres7787

Concern is mainly due to the nature of the mentioned tattoo. A giant aggressive dragon. Hence, yes, it’s too much. I’m gonna go with something more gay’er/smaller. Still a cool tattoo. But a more sain choice for the first tattoo. Wont even be noticeable with any sleve shirt. So I’ll see if my tattoo apetite will be satisfied with that, or if I want to move on and do something more.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Viper65

…………….if you get one that just “satisfy’s” you, you will never be satisfied and wish you got what you initially wanted. Every heard someone say: “yeah, i was gonna get this one but…….” that will be you.

Tarantula

Viper is right, tattoo’s are pretty addictive, you dont see many people with just one… once you get your small tattoo you will wish you’d had your original idea, but now you’ll have some tiny red devil right in the middle of where you wanted the dragon. Dragons dont have to be aggressive:

“In contrast to European dragons, which are considered evil, Chinese dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck.With this, the Emperor of China usually use the dragon as a symbol of his imperial power.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_dragon

Viper65

…………………there also cool when they blow flames out of their nostrils and mouth and burn shit up, but really thats just about any dragon. :lol:

Atchitol

http://www.tattoodles.com helped me figure a few things into my sleeve maybe it will help you.

gery

Hi. I get my first tattoo at 18 years old. It was a butterfly. Today I have three tattoo and two piercing.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan