• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      S1513F8O5956

I’m just about finished with the book, and wanted to say hi to all of you. I’ve had the amazing opportunity to have tattoos done at both High Voltage Tattoo and American Electric Tattoo in Los Angeles, so now I’m totally hooked! Being a graphic artist by trade, I became quickly fascinated with the experience and overall creative techniques behind this medium. I thought this would be a great endeavor to investigate the possibility of doing tattoos myself, so I’m ready to embark on the journey, and eager to learn. I understand that it’s important to apprentice, (and will ultimately go that route) but in the meantime if I want to just play with quality equipment using practice skin, are there companies that will allow me to purchase equipment so I can experiment? (I’m intrigued by Pulse equipment.) Any advice anyone can give will be appreciated…thanks! Tony

@S1513F8O5956 wrote:

are there companies that will allow me to purchase equipment so I can experiment? (I’m intrigued by Pulse equipment.) Any advice anyone can give will be appreciated…thanks! Tony

Thanks for buying the book – please put some feedback on Amazon.com – if you don’t mind!
      I would say check out the book – there are a ton of listings of distributors that sell gear.
      Most the good stuff requires you to work in a studio.
      Unimax and Technical may not – check with them.
      You need a good power supply.
      Try eBay or Craigslist to buy from a pro who is selling – you might pay more, but it is worth it to have good gear.
      Best of Luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan