• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      stanzx6r
      Participant

by how much do you thin ink 4 shadin :D :D :D :D

Lennart82
      Participant

Thats a good question, And I do believe, that you will get different answer from whomever answers.

Personally, I dont go more then 50% But thats just me, And I find that it works for me. :geek:

stanzx6r
      Participant

@Lennart82 wrote:

Thats a good question, And I do believe, that you will get different answer from whomever answers.

Personally, I dont go more then 50% But thats just me, And I find that it works for me. :geek:

thanks a lot :D :D :D

Infamous
      Participant

It depends on how dark you want the shade, but yeah I wouldn’t go any less than 50 % ink

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

when i do a black and grey piece i normally have quite a few cups laid out:

100% black
      75% black 5 drops of witch hazel the rest distilled water
      50% black 5 drops of witch hazel the rest distilled water
      25% black 5 drops of witch hazel the rest distilled water
      5 drops of black 7 drops of witch hazel the rest distilled water

this way i get a good variation of blackness levels as well as a nice super light grey that can be used from anything from ghost lines to very light facial shading etc

Wyki

I’m going to have to get a “dropper” to be able to do those ‘cups’ of yours…. :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I just purchase sterile ink bottles. you can get them from eikon or other supply places like http://www.tattoomachienequipment.com
      i fill one with distilled water, and one with witch hazel
      the “Cups” are simple medium ink cups :3

Wyki

Yea….I was wondering where to get those little bottles. Its a really great idea on having those measurements all ready and just drip drip and go… :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I have some empty bottles i just havent had the time to set them up for the measurements. ive also become so used to using the ink cups that im not sure how well id like the new measurements in the bottles so i havent tried them out for that reason as well lmao

Wyki

just saw the prices, looking good. Gonna have to ask how much for shipping down to my area tho… :? hope it wont be THAT much. Is there any way to sterilize those bottles? if I find any at the local supply as I’m gonna go this weekend in search for ink.

Wyki

yea… the measurements might be off in the bottles as its more quantity for each… while in culinary arts school i learned how to take some measurements of ingedients and add or take away due to how many eating… so I’ll see and decide.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the onyl true way to STERILIZE is with an autoclave. however a cheaper solution would be to SANITIZE them using an ultrasonic cleaner, and a proper solution made with a mixture of cavicide, and distilled water. there are many many different solutions available, and many different things ont he net to make your own ultrasonic solutions. the great thign about this industry is there are literally millions of ways to do things. almost nothing is set in stone. normally if you order from Eikon your bottles are in a sterile package. I havent ordered them from Hildbrant yet, so I couldnt tell you about theirs. Their ink cups come in a sterile package, but I always run them through the ultrasonic before putting them into the jars in my shop. Always better to be safe than sorry. :3

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan