• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Muddy

Hey all

I was outlining a job yesterday, and found after a while the ink wasn’t going in to the skin (or the line looked faint)… so I changed the needle (7RL) and it was lining no problem again… then an hour or 2 later it happened again, so had to change the needle… anyone know why this is happening? I haven’t had this problem before… BTW I was doing the chest, shoulder and back.

Johnny

This is a more common problem with colors, and usually shader needles especially mags, but over time ink will begin to dry in the tube, and inbetween individual needles especially if you don’t dilute at all. Also over time, the blood, and plasma that is coming out of your client will work its way into your tube, and every time you go to the ink cap a small amount will mix with your ink. Eventually you will end up with an ink cap full of blood, plasma, green soap and black ink. Its a good idea to use several small ink caps, rather tham one large one to avoid this. Also do a good rinse every once and a while if you are going to be working a large area.

Muddy

Thanks Johnny, had a feeling it was something like that… I was using the new Samoan tribal ink and it seemed like it was ‘skinning’ in the ink cap. thanks for the feedback :)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan