• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve looked around for a heavy A-Bar, the only place I’ve seen one is on Eikon. i can’t order from them since I don’t have that oh so coveted apprenticeship in a shop. Anyone know a place that carries them? Element, Biknee, Unimax, Superior, none of them have them. got a sweet ass Titcher with a color setup just need a heavier A-bar to slow her down some more.

wrathone11
      Participant

Don’t know where to find something like the Eikon heavy armature, but if you want your machine to run a little slower why are you going straight to replacing the armature bar? You could change your point gap or change your springs and that’s just two ways to approach the issue. If you’re really wanting a heavier armature be like the one Eikon sells you could also drill and tap a normal armature bar and put a small button head screw in the armature bar towards the front. Obviously the crew would have to be on top of the armature bar, if you tried to put it on the bottom it would screw up your throw and just in general would work out. Another option may be going to a golf store and buying some metal tape, put the metal tape on the armature bar until you get the weight you want in the area you want. If you know anything about metal working and can get to a place with a drill press and metal cutting band saw you can make the armature bar you want. Of course that option is a lot more work that the others, but building your own parts and machines is a lot of fun.

well, it’s got a pretty wide point gap about 1/4″, it runs around 100 at 8.5. still pretty fast. if i bump the power down it doesn’t hit hard enough. i thought about making my own. i have the connections for the tools and the material just don’t seem to have the time right now. i’ll find it though. thanks for the help.

wrathone11
      Participant

Have you tried a thicker guage rear spring? That make get you some extra resisitance on your throw and slow your machine down that extra little bit you’re looking for.

haven’t swapped any springs out. i don’t know the thickness of the springs in the kit that it came with. i have some extra BSI springs in my box i’m going to mess around with it some more later today. i took the o-ring off of it and that slowed it down. it’s a nice set up. just want it slower.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan