• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John Friday

Hello to you,

My name is John Friday. I recently had an apprenticeship where I live in Tucson. I was working in a shop where the owner knew nothing about the business or even how to tattoo. She hired artists who had been working from home at first, to some mixed results. One of these guys is actually really good. I came in during the build of the shop and was put to work on the remodel. Which got done mostly by me, at no cost to the owner. Then, she hired a snakey artist from Texas, who had experience, but was mostly just drugged out all the time. I tried to stick it out, and learn as much as possible, but, the issues got worse. Money would come up missing, and of course it was someone else, not him. Even though he would be the only one around. As the shop apprentice, I was also basically the floor manager, and was always having to reschedule his appointments because he was too busy being fucked up. One guy was put off for almost 2 months, and continued to pay deposits whenever asked. Then, when I went to the owner, she only said that she needed his experience and reputation. Which, I figured was actually getting worse due to his obvious lies. It was about here that I understood the situation was not gonna end up getting any better, and I needed to get out before my own future was ruined. So I had to quit, and try to get my equipment out before it got picked through and taken. I ended up leaving minus one machine, one foot pedal, and with all my clip cords split. Luckily, I kept most of my equipment at home.

So, now I’m back at home, and doing free tats, just for the practice. I know that I have a lot left to learn, but I believe I’ll always continue learning in this industry. I really love tattoos and tattooing and can’t see myself doing anything else. I’m very glad I found this website, and I hope we can all learn and grow from each other. If I have anything I can add or help with I will. I’m in it for the pleasure of it, not so much for the money. Although, sometimes that can be a bonus. I will probably have plenty of questions, and I will always add anyone having anything to do with tats to my facebook.

TexasPT

cool story…good luck. Love something and usually the money follows. (in my experience anyway)

uriguiller

Hi there, welcome mate. Just keep doing the good work. Co’z once you established your own name. Everything will fall into place. ;)

Viper65

yeah, cool story, and welcome!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan