• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Okay so im Roni, 17 years old. Real new to tattooing. The only experience i have is giving my brother a simple tattoo on his kitchen table after a small briefing of the basics. It didn’t turn out half bad, and im hooked. Im bout to head to college soon and im really considering this as a career. Im really into art and i’ve been in love with tattoos for as long as i can remember. So i thought i would give it a go. Im not kidding when i say i really only know BASICS, thats why im on this site. I want to get some knowledge behind me before i went out and buy a tattoo machine and go crazy on some of my slightly overeager friends with not half a clue of what im doing. (i would call it a tattoo “gun” cuz thats all i ever heard them called growing up but im learning that a lot of people think this term very wrong.) But yeah thats my intro. Nice to meet yous, cheers :)

Tarantula

Welcome Roni, practice on plastic skins and pig skins or even fruit first, then tattoo your own legs before you deface your friends. Where I live it seems that everyone owns a tattoo kit and is more than happy to tattoo some awful piece of crap on their unfortunate friends. Wobbly lines, blowouts from going too deep, fades from not going deep enough, holidays from rushing and colours not going up to outlines are just some of the things that can happen, and thats not even mentioning the horrors from not keeping your space and equipment clean.

Tattooing is addictive, we all know that :) but you need to turn the dial down and do your basics on a practice medium.
      Ask lots of questions on here, most people will be more than happy to help. If you’re serious about a tattooing career make a portfolio and visit some tattoo shops and try to get an apprenticeship, you don’t have to go down that route though, some people on here are happy to be self taught, sometimes the longer road is more fun!

TexasPT

this is good advice. My thighs have taken a beating. :) To add to that I’d say everytime you tattoo yourself, or skins, or fruit, be sure you are trying to improve on something. Don’t just draw a picture to have a picture. Find something with challenging line work, or shading, or color blends, or thick lines, etc. Work to improve a skill.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan