• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester
      Participant

Just wanted to say hello. I’m still pretty new to tattooing (little less than a year).
      Unfortunately, my screwy work schedule prevents me from apprenticing at a shop.
      I have completely remodeled a room in my house, and dedicated it to a nice/clean
      place to work. I have a lot to learn, so hopefully you guys can help.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

welcome….im new to the forum but not tattooing. been at for 6yrs and there will always be something to learn. my suggestion would be to study up on CC & BBP issues before anything else. understand and practice safe tattooing proceedures. you dont want to be known as the diry tattooer…..

Jester
      Participant

Thanks for the welcome.
      I pride myself in being as clean as possible. I use disposables, and bag/wrap everthing.
      Like I said, I even remodeled a room just to make sure that everything is clean. I have
      studdied BBP quite a bit, but what is CC?

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

CC is Cross-Contamination. This and BBP are the most vital part of tattooing, imo. Like you, I have done the same. I have a room in my house that i gutted and renovated specific to tattooing.

xDreamerx
      Participant

Also consider getting certified not just studying or reading about it. Hands on education is industry standard, even though it wont get you a license, its still good to show that certification to your potential clients. Also if its your intention to open your own shop later on down the road, maybe consider having your room mimic a studio environment from health & fire dept. codes.

Good to see dedication such as that where you convert a room and dedicate it to this art. Some people just work out of garage where they park their car or work from a kitchen table…etc.

Jester
      Participant

Thanks! You guys mentioned aTMTT book on another “welcome”.
      Where do I find it?

TexasPT
      Jester
      Participant

How does it compare to the other tattoo books?
      Like the tatto bible or the ultimate tatto bible?

TexasPT

I liked it a lot. It covers the basics without trying to teach you how to tattoo. It’s a foundation rather than a “how to” in my opinion. When you understand the basic concepts in the book it allows you to progress to the next stage in learning.

Mark

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan