• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bozrocket
      Participant

Hello everyone.

My name is Boris. Currently living in Australia.

I have a history of art, Diploma of Visual Arts (Major in Oil Painting and Sculpture), and have been drawing and painting since i can remember.

In the last year I have been getting tattooed and have been following my tattooist’s instructions on tattooing.

Much like a lot of people out there, I was gifted a shitty tattoo kit for a birthday and having a few reckless friends, and a desire to learn I began marking them up.

I have come a long way, and my artwork has taken a large turn from big expressionist oil paintings to smaller tattooable designs.

I have a massive soft spot for Japanese work and am currently getting a second sleeve of westernised jap. Would love to learn anything I can from some people on this forum. Been looking for apprenticeships but it is very hard as most shops are full and they want artists rather than apprentices. Some shops I’ve gone into have said to just keep going and doing what I’m doing.

Largely self taught at the moment, and I’m just jumping on here to share some work with you all and hopefully pick up some new techniques.

Before anyone goes on a massive rant about health and safety, I have NOT been doing tattoos out of my garage, wiping with old towels or reusing materials I will be posting a few pictures of my setup and home studio so don’t be quick to hate!!

Thanks!

Infamous
      Participant

Welcome to the forum! Glad you’re here, it’s an excellent place to learn.

I cast no judgment, I’m self-taught as well. Haven’t touched skin yet but I am quickly working towards it

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Welcome!
      Theres quite a few Australian members on here :D

_cutter_

New here, as well! Very new to the art of applying tattoos and eager to learn and grow! Welcome and lookin’ forward to seeing you around the boards…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan