• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone, Im new here as well to being on the artist end of tattooing. I love tattoos, their meanings to people as well as the art in them. I recently bought a kit (I know I know) to familiarize myself with how the machines work and work on practice skins, grapefruits and pig skin if I can get ahold of some. I am on the wounded warrior program going through multiple surgeries, after being medivaced from Afghanistan last year so have A LOT of time on my hands to learn. My kit came with the “Basic fundamentals of tattoo” book and I must say I love it. I started reading it yesterday and already half way through it. Just finished the machine components section and learning alot. Id like to find more books like it to further learning, but after trip to local book store, it doesnt look like Ill find many if any more.

Id like to do an apprenticeship but from what I know of the shops around here from getting tattoo’s and from walking out of them due to attitudes towards customers as soon as they walk in the door, I dont think it will happen for me. I am no young pup (37 years old) but Ill still try though. I plan on doing research on good components such as coils and springs and such and rebuilding my machines with proper parts after I ge tthe hang of tearing them down and putting them together then tuning them to work right. I was leery about ordering a “kit” from things I have read but wanted to put the equipment in my hands to get a feel for it and while reading this book as made me feel alot better with my decision.

Well thats it for now. I look forward to being part of this community.

TexasPT

Thanks for your service!

This is a good site for learning. Very little in the way of attitude and everyone seems to genuinely want to help others. Good luck on your endeavors.

Mark

Thank you. Im glad this is a beginner friendly forum. So many arent. I just want to learn without hurting people. I have read a lot of good info on this forum already with a lot of threads to go. Thanks again

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan