• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      tat2dguru

So lets see? I enjoy drawing and dabbling in painting. I went to a tattoo school in Central Oregon where the owner/instructor packed up shop and left in the middle of the night during a weekend and took the tuition of six of and ran. Since then continued to draw and started my construction business back up. But, the itch too tattoo for a living is still lurking in my heart. I now live close too Washington where I can most likely apprentice and get some real experience. While the school was good at teaching us about sterilization, bbp’s, and Oregon state laws, we really didn’t get much in the way of learning different stretching needs/techniques for different body parts. We got no real help in shading techniques either. Pretty much all the school did was prepare us for the state test. Had the owner actually followed through with his end at least I’d be licensed in the state of Oregon right now and figuring things out along the way. So I’ve been looking for some shading technique books/videos and ran across this site. So here I am, I’ve found that allot of times these forums have good and bad, but none the less, information to sort through. If some of you can shed some light on some good books/videos I’D GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!

Guru

Lennart82
      Participant

Welcome to the site.

Did you pay for that school of tattoo? :shock:

And by information… Well just start a thread, and you will get an answer.

As this forum goes, this is the best tattoo forum on the net.. :mrgreen:

tat2dguru

We all paid. Not sure where everyone was in their payments but 7k was the tuition. If all of us were paid in full that was a quick 42k. Plenty too rent a truck and bail. :evil:

Lennart82
      Participant

Oh man, sorry to hear that.

An art form as tattoo, is not a thing you should pay to learn.
      Once they start demanding money. Pack your things and run as fast as you can. Then they are only interested in your money.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

@Lennart82 wrote:

Once they start demanding money. Pack your things and run as fast as you can. Then they are only interested in your money.

+1

that is a general rule of thumb on here

As far as the tattoo forum Canvas and I have been working day and night to make this forum one of–if not–the best forums for tattoo help on the net. We are not a substitute for a formal apprenticeship merely a tool to help guide you on your way. I’ve been on this forum for over a year and we’ve come a long way since I joined up. I now help Canvas run the forum as he is super busy with all of his own projects, and we’ve got a few really dedicated members like Infamous, Lenn, Jessica, Angie, Spider, and myself. We try to help anyone who comes along onto the forum.

However, for you to get the most of the forum YOU MUST BE ACTIVE. Way too many people join, post in the intro forum, then never post again. It’s sad really, but thats more time I get to focus on the people here that I have come to regard as some of my closest friends even though I’ve never met any of them. The guys and gals on here are a great bunch of brus. Try heading over to the how to practice section, and get some work done homie!

Infamous
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

@Lennart82 wrote:

+1

that is a general rule of thumb on here

As far as the tattoo forum Canvas and I have been working day and night to make this forum one of–if not–the best forums for tattoo help on the net. We are not a substitute for a formal apprenticeship merely a tool to help guide you on your way. I’ve been on this forum for over a year and we’ve come a long way since I joined up. I now help Canvas run the forum as he is super busy with all of his own projects, and we’ve got a few really dedicated members like Infamous, Lenn, Jessica, Angie, Spider, and myself. We try to help anyone who comes along onto the forum.

However, for you to get the most of the forum YOU MUST BE ACTIVE. Way too many people join, post in the intro forum, then never post again. It’s sad really, but thats more time I get to focus on the people here that I have come to regard as some of my closest friends even though I’ve never met any of them. The guys and gals on here are a great bunch of brus. Try heading over to the how to practice section, and get some work done homie!

Aw Shucks! And seconded, this place is great you’re going to love it here

tat2dguru

Thanks for all the insight guys. I will definitely look into the other areas and try and stay active in all of them. Been kinda surfing around the site and it all looks great. Thanks again.

Lennart82
      Participant

This place is truly great.
      If you ask for an honest opinion, you get an honest opinion. No paper wrapping, on no smooth talking.
      Even if you get a negative respons, DONT let it discourage you. Take it as fuel for the bonfire, and use it to ignite an even further dedication. Thats what the tattoo business demands. Thats what seperates the Lions from the Lambs.

And here is a ton of people, all at their own level, all with experience in some usefull area. Take as much as you can use, and if you truly got what it takes…. You will be able to make it. :ugeek:

Wyki

Hi and Welcome to the forum… yea it does suck to know how some people do that to others(scams)..But based on what the others guys here said , lots of info and yea just start a topic and someone will chime in sooner or later with what you’re looking for. Great guys and gals here… but just like Ram said.. lots register and do one or two posts and never come back.. :? Hope you enjoy it like we all do.. :mrgreen:

Welcome
      from my point of view all schools just give the basics. The first step of a career .
      In order someone to go further ,has to keep learning and being open-minded. (sorry for my English).
      This forum seams to have all the right people (guys who love what they are doing) to find new ideas and expand the basic Knowledge. Thanks everyone!

tat2dguru

So I just got my Tattoo Basics book. How do I join the portal now? Can it still be done? Or do I have too re register?

robroy289
      Participant

WELCOME!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan