• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      s.l.covert

I’m not an artist. I only have one tattoo.

I work with tattoo artists with machines. I repair tattoo machines and have made a dozen or so conventional machines. I have made several original machine designs, inline machines (My own patent work), and some unconventional armature machines (No side-plate/ contact screw).

Anyway more explanations of my cred will come later. I keep my finger on the pulse of new developments in Tattoo hardware. That’s why I am here.

I’m interested in your book. I am an experienced machinist 20+ years.

voodoo

WHO USES YER MACHINES?dO U HAVE PICS?

s.l.covert

I have sold a few machines on Ebay. No way to really know whom is using them or if they are being used at all. One customer complained about a broken spring which was hand cut so I started using Eikon springs. I made a series of hand crank coil winders that sold well also.

The competition on Ebay is fierce and if you don’t have a recognizable name, there is very little profit on hand made machines. The only real reason I sell the machines is to pay for materials so I can make more and to keep them from piling up on the bench.

I will dig up some photos, I probably have some on Photobucket still. I haven’t made a machine in several months. I have one started but I’m not really satisfied with my gas welds yet.

tattokits

Generally standard machines are used by all tattoo artists, but they modify them according to their tattoo styles and techniques. As the tattoo artists don’t bother to register their modifications, the new designs are not able to identify. http://www.newtattookits.com

xDreamerx
      Participant

Post some pix of your machines if you dont mind. I saw a lady KYLIN who hand makes her machines, been tempted to try out a machine head or two……but I dont know anyone who has tried her machines yet, she drops them on Ebay thats why I mentioned it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan