• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      FatNinja

My name is JJ, and im new to this site. Im 21 and finally found out what i want to do. Im currently trying to get another apprenticeship with my old teacher/tattoo artist. I apprenticed for him about 2 years ago, for about a week(answered phone, learned a lil bit on sterilizing, setting up, breaking down etc.). still lost in what i wanted to do with my life, i quit ,thinking i wanted to go into the military. I realized that i didnt want that at all. So i started drawing again about 4 months ago(Been getting into art since junior high)I finally realized that i wanted to tattoo the whole time, when i drew something for a buddy of mine and he got it tattooed on him i was SO stoked about it. Even though i didnt do the tattooing, for someone to where my custom art on them brought a feeling of self-satisfaction.

Unfortunately my tattoo artist has his apprentice positions filled, so im currently just drawing and filling up my portfolio. the other shops here, i feel, arent as good artistically as his.

I do want to buy a tattoo kit or piece together my own just to get the feeling down. i want to start practicing on pig skin and skin sheets etc.

I been checking out this site, and i love the advice you guys are giving and finally decided to join it!

xDreamerx
      Participant

Welcome to the site JJ, I am curious to know more about your original apprenticeship and what you got out of it and what you are hoping to get if you get another one.

FatNinja

My original apprenticeship was short lived (work 1 full day for the 2 weeks i was hired for) Did the shop b!#@% work: sweeping, mopping, wipe down. answered the phone, learned how to use the autoclave and utlasonic cleaner to sterlize tubes, set up appointments, break down and sterlize after a session, Some-what set up(laying down the plastic wrap, wrapping the power supply and machine, using A&D to keep the ink cups put) and if not doing any of that, draw draw draw!!I learned all that in a day. I regret being lost with what i wanted to do with my life, i was younger and dumb. if i knew i wanted to tattoo after all, i would not of quit. but its a lesson learned.

“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.”-Fortune cookie fortune i keep in my wallet (lol)

Im determined to get another apprenticeship. its not a matter of “if”, but “when”. Even if its not with my original mentor (that would suck though). And when i do, im going the whole 10 yards. i want to learn the trade, inside and out. I understand even when im a tattoo artist its not like its over with the learning, everyday will b a learning experience and im looking foward to it. To be able to better my artistic and tattooing ability keep me so interested and excited.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan