• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Hey everyone!

Name’s Nick, and I’m from Ontario Canada. I started over a year ago with one of those TERRIBLE kits you buy off of eBay, I have since replaced all my machines, inks, power supply, etc with professional grade equipment! I have also upgraded my machines to RCA. I find it runs much smoother than regular clip cords, and it also makes for quick changing from machine to machine! I started tattooing from home over a year ago. My first tattoo was March. 15/2011. It was just a simple star outline during which I had wiped my stencil off haha. From then on I’ve been super paranoid with how I do my line work. Of course I didn’t know all the stuff I know now–granted I don’t know as much as I can! Still new–so there were a lot of variables I had been missing. I now use a stencil solution purchased from a local shop, which does the trick with keeping my stencils permanent! Well you get my meaning haha.

I did research for about three months before I bought my kit: read website after website, talked to artists, talked to friends, watched countless hours of video. Then once I bought my kit I did another month of research before doing my first tattoo.

Last year I did 60 tattoos. My last count for a total was 81. I’m probably closer to 100 at this point. There are quite a few places out there in my city where people do it from home, so I’ve got a bit of competition, plus shops, and I haven’t gotten my name out there yet.

Currently, I have a Micky Sharpz liner, and two shaders I think are just semi-decent no names? I got one at the local shop for 75$ Canadian, the other for 100$ Canadian. I use Alla Prima, Radiant, and Starbrite inks. I want to try Fusion, but they are pretty expensive. I think the shop here is 125$ for a pack of 1oz bottles? My Alla Prima were 80$ Canadian for 2oz Black 2oz White and 6 colours. I use a Hurricane HP-2 power supply, and a slim stainless steel foot pedal. Looking into getting a new one. I want to try one of the round ones. The guy who does my tattoos on me swears by ’em.

As I said I use the stencil solution purchased from the shop here for stencils. I clean everything with CaviCide. I use 69.9% alcohol hand sanitizer, after washing my hands (obviously). I also use NiteAngel Power Free, Nitrile gloves. I also put hand sanitizer on those to clean ’em up. I cover my machines with sandwich baggies, and use clip cord sleeves for my clip cord. I could use Machine bags, but it’s 20$ Canadian for 250, or 1$ Canadian for 100 sandwich baggies haha. The cheapness in my wins! After spraying down my work area, and letting the CaviCide sit for two minutes I wipe, then do one more spray, and wipe instantly, then cover with saran wrap.

Hm. Not sure what else to say! That’s basically how I started, and my basic process!

Again, name’s Nick, from Ontario, Canada. Tattooing for over a year. Working on an art portfolio to get an apprenticeship. I have 21 tattoos, and 10 piercings! Glad to be part of this community :3

jguzman89

welcome nick, hope you enjoy it here.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

thanks J :3

robroy289
      Participant

Glad to have ya..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan