• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      razak3111

Hey im here to get help on constructing a profolio so i can take it into a shop and hopfully get an appreticeship. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

xDreamerx
      Participant

Variety….variety…..variety. From owner I’ve spoken to on a “acquaintance” level and not that of asking for an apprenticeship. Was that a variety of different pieces that show clean line work, shading, ability to blend color work, names to show fluent consistency. Well that was from a combination of 3 diff. people. I’m sure there’s more than just good clean work.

Maybe someone with more experience in this area could help out. :?:

razak3111

I do have a tattoo artist that really wants me to bring in my profolio but honestly i dont think i feel ready. If someone could go to my deviantart page and then get back to me on what you think. Thank you
      Heres the site: http://razak3111.deviantart.com/

liam

hey razak.
      i think i can relate to you cas i also wanna be a tatt artist but dont think im ready. lets face it, being a tatt artist is being a professional artist which means you should be really freakin good. i didnt think i was ready dispite having natural talent so i quit my full time job and started working part time so i could try draw everyday and study art part-time. i took a part-time course in drawing and watercolour painting (cas water colours and pen are great for doing tattoo designs). i am now starting a years course in visual art full time. once i complete that im going to go back to watercolours so i can get good at designing tatts in water colours and after that id like to go to fine art college if i still cant get apprentieship or i feel like i can still improve. im also studing drawing online (cas drawing is a absolute fundamental of any good artist) at http://www.drawingtutorialsonline.com thats a great site its really helped my drawing a lot. i think if i learn more diciplines of art (like painting, charcoal etc) it will be better for my tattooing one day.

anyway before i quit my job and started drawing more i used to sell portraits anyways so i wasnt a bad drawer but cas ppl liked my work so much theyd pay for it (in beer usually) and i hardly practiced, thats what gave me the confidence to give up my job and pursue this career.

anyway thats how im dealing with not being ready yet, cas ive seen this route be successful in my city with a couple of tattoo artists. i thought saying where im at with not being ready might help in some way.

xDreamerx
      Participant

was their a section for just your tattoo work? And if the guy is interested in you bringing your portfolio he must of felt you would fit in someway and just wanted to see some of your art to see if you have dedication and a sincerity in your passion?

razak3111

Well that was alittle discouraging lol. i have no formal training and i dont think i am good enough to do portraits even.

liam

hope i didnt discourage you that much. though i know i can get a bit tense when talking about my goals. drawing portraits is one thing im ok at but i cant do designs or draw from my imagination for crap and its not stopping me (hopefully lol). anyways when tattooing a portait you use a stencil so that might help.

razak3111

Thats funny because im really good at taking an idea and rolling with it and even coming up with multiple ideas for it and even in diffrent styles. But i have already started to put togther my profolio and i am taking it in sometime this spring so i can hopfully start during the summer high period.

xDreamerx
      Participant

Your willingness and confidence is a good sign that your wanting to be a part of this industry/art. Let us know how things go man.

razak3111

Will do!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan