• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey everyone. I’m new here and to the game. I started tattooing a couple of weeks ago and turns out I suck at it. I really can’t get an apprenticeship cause I work crazy hours so I’m doing it on my own here. Any info or tips would be great.(Espeacially what to do from point A-B.) Thanks

erocktattoo

Thats how I started so I know first hand that teaching yourself in definately the long road. But sometimes you have no choice in the matter. Practice drawing and trace stencils for no reason. Read art books, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards is real good. Read Tattoo Machine by Jeff Johnson to find out what you’re getting yourself into! Try to find someone to help you out even if it’s just once a week. This will help the learning curve of the technical side of the art. After that it’s your artisitc ability, if you can’t draw it on paper then you can’t tattoo it on skin!
      erick alayon

xDreamerx
      Participant

I agree with the reply.

I started pushin ink at 15 stopped @ 21 and picked it up again at 33. This time with coil machines and not home made stuff.

I recommend you study the medical side too. Not just the artistic side and technical side. All are VERY important so make sure to include all of it. Blood Borne Pathogens…etc. Study, study, study.

Thanks guys. Sad part is what I noticed so far is that the people in the shops don’t want to help too much. I am constantly getting the response, “look it up online.” I have to admit I would be lost if I didn’t, but I would like some to actually tell me the right way and if I’m doing it right. So far from the practice I have been doing I am definately improving. But Lets face it, it’s a long road.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan