• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      chillybean

So this is my story , I’ll sum it up into one cute little text box. I am very young to be starting this but i have never been immature about it , i have never tattooed anyone other then my 2 best friends i used all the safety requirements and went into it with confidence in my pieces. I am 16 living in Canada and art has been my passion for years. I have designed several tattoos for my friends already and I want to begin to work my way up. I know being a tattoo artist and being a well known one is very hard with all the competition today but I believe with the right dedication into this and hard work I can make a great artist. If there are any professionals or even apprenticing tattoo artists reading this i would like to know some tips and more information on how it is, how your making it and i guess just more stories on how others are working their way up .:)

hoodootattoo

Hi Chillybean
      Find a local shop that is willing to take you on as an apprentice and never stop learning and trying to become a better artist.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the best thing to do if you’re doing this seriously is make sure you have everything you need
      make sure everything is professional
      as far as tattooing itself just use practice skin for a while
      if you get caught tattooing people you’ll be in REAL trouble
      no one will apprentice you until you are 18
      and if you do it from home you need a separate room, and the health unit needs to approve it
      again you need to be 18 or the health unit will give you shit
      you can even get criminal charges

i am also canadian, and depending on where you live there are different rules
      in toronto they are going to pass a law where you even need a license. where i live you dont need one, you just need the health unit to approve your place
      if you have pets ANYWHERE in the house you will automatically fail so youll need to clean the whole place, and give you pets to someone to watch for the day
      your pets CANNOT enter your tattoo room EVER
      no food, drink, or smoking or anything in the room either

not sure what part of canada you are but heres a useful link
      http://ontariotattoo.com/

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan