• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Glam8A

Salutations everyone I’m 22 female from NYC and here I am introducing myself :)

ABOUT ME
      I’ve liked tattoos since I was a kid. I used to stick temporary tattoos all over myself it drove my family nuts. In middle school my friends lined up and let me draw on them with sharpie markers. I used to do some street art in my teens.
      I always thought tattooing would just be an interest but it became dream when these tv shows like Miami Ink, LA ink and now NY ink showing how successful artists can be in the city.
      The “normal” lifestyle isn’t working out for me. I’ve had it rough and long story short, after job hunting being fired by my aunt’s dental clinic the first week, and close to being kicked out from my sister’s apartment (my family’s a bitch) I bought my first tattoo kit which on the way and i’m going to pursue a tattooing career.

giliegil

hope things go well for you – but you might wanna take an honest look in the mirror……why did you get fired from your aunties clinic? i dont know the situation but if your auntie hooks you up with a job then fires you – there must of been a reason – were you taking the job lightly? im not tring to be a jerk – just challenging you to look at yourself before pointing fingers – as far as a successfull career….im not tryin to burst your bubble….but it will take hard work, time and a lot of luck – just keepin it real – without making a name for yourself you wont be able to charge anything that will pay the bills – and even to get to that stage is a journey – you must first learn about keeping everybody safe and a whole lot of practice on fake skins – pig skins – melons…..what ever you practice on before you touch human skin with a needle – im not saying it cant be done – just that you must keep in mind that the chances of being the next kate von d are slim – and even she was at it for many years before she got her break – again – im not tryin to be a dick – just keeping it real –
      with that being said –
      post some of your drawings – ask questions – and good luck! 8-)

robroy289
      Participant

Hey there!! Welcome !!

jguzman89

im from new york aswell and went thru the almost exact same ordeal, but just keep your head up and keep looking forward. what doesnt kill only makes you stronger, channel that fustration and stress into something positive trust me it works. ;)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan