• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      D-Man

Hi guys,
      I am new to this forum (and I would say to forums in general as a participant).

I gave up working as an “artist” a while ago. After going through the hard miles of apprentice ship and working in a couple if studios, I had to stop working as due to an accident I was not any longer able to pull a straight line or sit and work for longer than a few minutes without getting the shakes. I tried to switch to the other hand, but that didn’t work.

So instead I moved into the technical side of the art and am building, repairing and modifying machines, components, power supplies (to a certain degree), pedals, just everything except of ink.

Looking forward to reading lots of interesting stuff

All the best

Best of luck

xDreamerx
      Participant

welcome to the site. Sorry to hear bout accident. Do you make custom pedals or modify?

D-Man

Hi,
      I do both. It really depends what I want to do. For example I had a customer who wanted a series of foot pedal with the insignia of his “club”. had to do something from scratch there -used copper, aged it, then plated it and took off (with a laser engraver) the plating to show the insigna. The need for modification is really restricted, but I like to use an imported stainless steel foot pedal. I replace all the guts (switch, cable, plugs) and make custom depressor (that’s what I call the bit you push down with your foot and activates the switch). The pedal I am doing now this week calls for a clear resin with suspended LEDs being always on when connected in the shape of a heart – in neon blue.

Another common modification is to change the pressure switch with an off/on switch and then there is the usual repair.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan