• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      HardyGirl90

Hi there everyone. I actually joined a few days ago but I’m posting this now. A few years ago I really wanted to do tattooing, but I didn’t draw quite as often as I did when I was younger. So for a while I decided to go to cosmetology school because that was another thing I wanted to do. Well I graduated from cos school back in April and so far it sucks. It just didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to. But the good thing is I’m really thinking about tattooing again. I’m starting to get books about drawing so I can get back into that and improve on my art. I took a look at the tattoo-apprentice website and well, here I am. :D

xDreamerx
      Participant

Welcome to the site. Feel free to ask questions and even post some of your drawings

hey, like you i thought about it years ago and of course now i am going for it. not that im encouraging bad habits but you can get machines freely. as long as you pay the utmost attention to hygene, there is nothing stopping you getting a kit and practising on pig skin. just treat as you would a client. drawing is something i do every day now. try painting too when you have the confidence. start a folder of you art work. and if i may make a suggestion, get a course book called drawing on the right side of the brain. great to help you get drawing well. i dont mean to plug i have nothing to do with the book apart from owning it. but it helped me to draw well again. then just immerse ya self in tattooing. im not aprenticed, but i have guys i can talk to who give me advice. at least 6 of my freinds are tattooists. theres so much to learn on here too. i swear i lost two days of my life looking through articles on here and im getting that book from here too. and the guys here are very encouraging too.(even if they shamelessly plug there product ;) )
      dont let anything bog ya down, practise hard and get the right kit and advice. and just do it.

Andi.

HardyGirl90

Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll definitely look for that book. I’m hoping to get the tattooing book on the website, too because where I live the only tattooing books I can find are Kat Von D…and well, I don’t know how people feel about her on here but I don’t like her, LOL.

hahahahaha agreed ^^

HardyGirl90

I found that drawing book at the library by the way! Seems pretty helpful, its got a lot of info in there.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan