• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      suvla

hi all im chris , im looking to get into tattooing , think im going to buy a machine and just practice on fruit/pig skin and do it more for a hobbie than anyting else and then one day when i feel like i have learnt enough i might buy a autoclave and a sterilizer and attempt to do one on myself .
      i love japanese artwork , i like drawing dragons , kois , lillys , all that sort of stuff . hopefully il get to learn alot about improving my artwork , tattooing and techniques on this forum .

i also have a full sleeve , and a few various tattoos all over me.

be nice :D

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

hey chris. its nice to know that you want to learn the art of tattooing. im not trying to be mean or harsh, but you cant refer to tattooing as a hobby. there are way to many risk factors for it to be such. you can really mess someone up. as for the autoclave and such, now this is my opinion, but why spend the money. by disposable tubes. it really doesnt cost that much more in the long run, and also cuts down on cross-contamination. as for that, the very first thing you should learn and understand is Cross-Contamination, and Blood Bourne Pathogens, its a must in this industry…………other than that, have fun with it. you can never learn enough.

xDreamerx
      Participant

…get TMTT book if your going to try and learn this art form. I agree with previous post. I dislike when people call this a “hobby”. I have changed ways of my life and marked myself for life because of my intimate connection with tattooing.

Its not to sound harsh but just firm in my belief. I would suggest reading up on the history of tattooing and those who came before us who helped elevate this art form and all that it entails to a more public acceptance based on the clean and classy art appeal it has on the public.

So in other words……study this beautiful art form and ask any questions you may have here. You will get honest and what often seems as cut-throat but its for honesty and to help you excel and learn. Ok…..I’m done ranting. Very rarely do I explain why I dislike the word “hobby”.

In fact I didnt really get into it lol just wanted to share a few words. I encourage you to share anything you may have here. Any artwork, even the machines you pick up…ask questions before you buy and after you buy. etc..etc. you get.

So welcome aboard to everyone joining this forum. And if you havent already, pick up Jordans book TMTT

Jester
      Participant

Welcome to the family!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan