• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I went and bought Hibiclens Chlorheidine Gluconate solution and was told tattoo artist use it all the time. I want to make sure I should be using it as green soap like they say or if I really shouldn’t. PLEASE HELP :(

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

From what I’ve read it seems it’s a skin cleanser and antiseptic. however I’m not sure how it would work with open wounds during a tattoo. i didnt find any references to it being used during the tattoo process.

Moderator Note:
      This topic is in the wrong section. Please post in the proper section.

Topic moved to proper section.

jcarmack
      Participant

This is used to clean skin and as an antibacterial in healthcare to scrub up and sterilize yourself before a procedure. It’s meant to be washed off after application. It’s not good to use this on a tattoo. You can use this as a prep to kill MRSA, bacteria, etc., that is on the skin before you tattoo a client but do not spray this on a tattoo after it’s done. Also, even green soap needs to be properly diluted as it can be irritating to the skin. Some tattoo artists dilute the green soap with Witch Hazel to keep down swelling and irritation associated with the tattoo process.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan