• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bree_sf

Hi everybody, I am Bre, I have always been interested in tattoos for a very long time, as soon as i turn 16 i got my first tattoo, but the good side to that is I am a great artist, drawing, painting you name it. But I have been tattooing for a few months, and i find it hard to find apprentiships, I want to eventually get my license to do so. I just need the support an possible resources, so i joined this forum today…

:D

bree_sf

btw how did everyone start tattooing far as learning the basics, are many member on here already certified? or learning on their own?

Randy5
      Participant

I started learning on my own, which is ok if you do it right. You have to insure you don’t screw up someone’s skin or spread disease or you won’t be able to sleep at night. First you need to get some basic info. The website this forum is attached to has one. I have never read it but many users of this forum have and stand by it. I was able to get a hold of “the black book of tattooing”, and the Chuck Spalding book (forgot the name of it), from torrent sites. Both were good and teach the basics. Either way you need to learn how to set up and run your equipment, then practice on bananas, oranges, pig skin, fake skin (rubber), whatever you can for months until you get a steady had. The first tattoo I did was on me and I practiced it a dozen times upside down before applying it to my thigh. And please learn about cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilization. If you have the money to buy the equipment then you owe it to everyone to buy the sterilization equipment too. If you’re not willing to work hard at your art and learning the medium of tattooing, or providing a sterile environment for your client, then you will just perpetuate the scratcher stereotype. Stay thirsty my friend!

Tarantula

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Fundamentals-Modern-Tattoo-Jordan/dp/0615281478
      This is the book I recommend I have the black book and the spalding book too but this is by far the best book you can buy as far as all round information for beginners goes

kevinseo

Hi Bre,i am kevin
      welcome to this forum.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan