• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Sandra

Hello my name is Sandra and I want to become a tattoo artist. My only problem is that where I live is at least 250 miles until I get to a tattoo shop. Most of the tattoo shops that are in that area I don’t really trust them, they don’t seem to clean, their work sucks. I personally want a good tattoo artist that has been tattooing for more than 10 or more years to apprentice me. The artist in Montana most likely haven’t been tattooing for more than 5 years.
      I would move if I could but my mother is not in good health and I cant leave her. And there are other reasons to.
      When I was younger around the age of 14 I tried tattooing only on myself with a homemade machine, which did not work well at all. You would laugh at the tattoo if you saw it. Then about 2 years later someone gave me a tattoo machine, (I think it was a makeup one) and I tried it on myself again. The tattoo turned out better but not so great. So now I have a new tattoo machine, autoclave,needles, green soap and so on. So the other day I tattooed the outline of 2 roses on my leg. It turned out way better than I thought it would so now I believe that I can become a good tattoo artist, my life’s dream can finally come true. Now my only problem is the apprenticeship. So what should I do. I don’t exactly know the laws in Montana for opening a tattoo shop.
      So what is the apprenticeship for really? Is it mostly for the cleaning of your supplies? Would I be able to have a doctor teach me that stuff? And I also want to know what all I need to open my own shop.
      Thank you so much.
      And I am sorry for offending tattoo artist if they do not like the fact that I tattooed myself, and am asking these questions.

Sandra

voodoo
      Sandra

Thanks. Is there anything that you would recommended do I need an apprenticeship in Montana. I would really prefer to get an apprenticeship somewhere. How much does an apprenticeship cost? What are the Montana laws for this? I am having problems finding the laws for starting a Montana tattoo parlor. Does anyone know what they are?

so you live in Mon-Tucky, and without much of a clue about tattooing, you’ve procured an autoclave? why? aside from the $1500 refurbished to $3000 new model expense….

Sandra

Yes in I live in a small town of about 1500 people in Mon-tucky. I have some tattoo skins that I have been tattooing on too. I have not yet shaded anything on me but on the tattoo skin I have I did. I just cant wait for the line of the roses I tattooed heals so I can shade it.

So do you know any of the tattoo laws in Montana? Or do you know how much it would cost for me to get an apprenticeship here, who would be the best artist around here to have apprentice me?

Does anyone know anything about Montana?

BigDaddyGA

I know that Montana is the fourth largest state and home to Glacier National Park, the Battle of Little Bighorn site, and three of the five entrances to Yellowstone National Park. I also know the state flower is Bitterroot. : )

Red Spider

@Sandra wrote:

Thanks. Is there anything that you would recommended do I need an apprenticeship in Montana. I would really prefer to get an apprenticeship somewhere. How much does an apprenticeship cost? What are the Montana laws for this? I am having problems finding the laws for starting a Montana tattoo parlor. Does anyone know what they are?

You’ve got a long way to go before worrying about how to open a tattoo shop.Learn to tattoo first.

LauraP

Thanks for the information and the links. I wonder if getting an apprentice cost that much. Hope I can afford it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan