• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      inkfreak

I just want to start with the fact that i found the pro’s advice very helpful. I think its great that this forum exists and that there’s so many pros willing to take time to answer. I’m 21 and live in Florida. I got my foot in the door of the tattoo industry a year ago. I started by helping a friend ( who’s not an artist himself) who opened a shop for his friends who are artist by answering calls, making appointment’s and ordering supplies. I was offered an apprenticeship because I do great artwork. But i learned quickly that not everyone shares the same ideas of what a mentor is or the responsibility its takes. It was half ass mentoring. I feel as though they just want to credit for my work and talent but not put in the time. Despite my bad luck with a proper apprenticeship Ive been hooked to the art of tattooing. Ive had other offers from other shops ( I draw,print and sell flash art books locally) But I’m wanting to get the basics down first, also would like to take time to choose the right mentor. All in all I’m taking my time and have plenty of questions. And I admire that there’s people willing to answer.

“The best way to get an answer is to ask a question.” I hope to see more apprentice asking more questions.

Thank You in advance

xDreamerx
      Participant

Nice BG post. Glad to see you here and willing to share your experience. Welcome amigo.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan