• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      salmon

Hi all! I am an apprentice and I gave tattooing on myself a go last week. I think I overworked the area as it doesn’t seem to be healing well and I am worried it may have gotten infected. I am going into the studio tomorrow for the artist i’m working for to check it out but just wanted a second opinion.

It’s on my upper thigh, a little redness around the outside of the coloured areas, no swelling, no pus or foul odour, just abit of plasma which has subsided now! However the scabbing is very heavy and some pieces were ripped off from rubbing on trousers i had worn! Also there are a few black fibres from said trousers stuck in the scab which i reeeally don’t want to start pulling at! Washing 2-3 times a day with antibacterial soap and using bepanthen sparringly! It was my first tattoo so ignore the shoddy line work!

Any advice would be appreciated

Lennart82
      Participant

Thats really a nasty looking scab there…..

When were this picture taken?
      And how old is this?

salmon

Six days old, Taken today

Lennart82
      Participant

Dosent look that nice indeed.

Have you showed this to your mentor??
      It actually looks a bit like candlewax. ;)

But the good thing is, that there are no swelling and the redness is gone. So proberbly you, that overworked the area.

salmon

I will see her tomorrow to show her. It does look pretty bad. In all honesty the picture makes it look worse as it’s zoomed in!
      I’m keeping it as clean as possible. Do not want to risk infection!! :)

Lennart82
      Participant

Thats a good thing. Keep it clean.

Cant give any sound advice, just on a picture. But see what she says about it. She will have a better view of it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan