• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Shazz

is not pulling the skin taut the only reason these would happen? because when i have to stop to get more ink then start the line again i seem to be getting knots. could it have something to do with how im running my machine?

xDreamerx
      Participant

If I understand you correctly, when your trying to continue your line your getting thicker inconsistent linework right? If so then what I do is I never lay the needle back in all the way. I gradually start within the partial line I have already laid out and then go in as I complete my stroke.

Plus I try to do most my line work strokes in one swipe without building up unless the piece calls for it. Hope it helps.

Shazz

ahh ok, ive only been practicing for about 3 months and info is so hard to find, all ive really been able to find are codes of practices and such. so thanks heaps for answering my question :) but i think knots might also be called blowouts (either that or they’re different), like slightly blurry parts in the lines? im trying to figure out what im doing wrong to get the blurry part .. :( im probably going to end up annoying everyone on here with my questions but i need to know and this is the only place ive found where people will actually answer me properly :) also are there any books you could suggest that might help me with all the basics? i know the basic-basics..although there is alot of info i cant find (hence why im gettin shotty lines sometimes) but i know pretty much everything about cleanlyness and bloodborne pathogins and everything (i learnt that before i started learning how to tat), but basically i just need to suck someones brain of all the info i can lol. and i cant get an apprenticeship here where i am, i’ve already tried, they wont take apprentices… such a sucky area. n i cant afford to move just yet. so basically thank you for helping me! :)

xDreamerx
      Participant

Well let me recommend the book you can buy here on this site from Jordan.

As for blowouts, that’s mainly from needle puncturing down beyond the tissue layer where it needs to remain. When you go too deep it will appear just as you say “blurry” or “blowout”. And thats a sign of inexperience and or skill….take your pic.

It happens to everyone or does in the beginning, just something we learn from. Thats why I try to do most my line work (small pieces) in one stroke so I can control the depth and avoid inconsistencies in my line work. But this is a never ending learning skill. Thats my goal and dream lol to become the master of my abilities….love the philosophy behind that line. lol

Shazz

oh ok thanks! :) its definatly something i have to work on getting perfect. but im not gonna give up till i can do it all perfectly :) lol my goal is rather epic, i want to be known as the Da Vinci of my time, but in the tattoo category lol. so i have to practice my ass off and learn as much as i can so thanks so much for your help, now i know what im doing wrong im determined to not let it happen again :)

xDreamerx
      Participant

Just remember to try and keep the needle depth the same during your line work. I mean, in some areas where skin is thinner and I’m working from a thicker area of skin to a thin area I pull out just a tad. Cause the thinner skin doesn’t require me to penetrate as much as thicker skin. Once again, everyone’s skin is different so I hope some of what I’m saying makes sense. You’ll learn these things as you go, you will get to a point where you wont focus as much on the technical side of it and focus more on the artistic side.

Shazz

thank you so much! this has helped heaps! :D if i have anymore questions i now know where to come :) thanks for bein awesome n helpin me, u got no idea how hard its bee trying to teach myself with such little info, well u prob do actually, so thank you :)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan