• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester Ink
      Participant

i’m trying to figure out the right ink to use for coloring. What i’ve been using is the usual “kit ink” and it doesn’t really work to well. For my self tats, i’ve used the same ink and it tries to stick but fades out. I recently did a tat on my step-dad and it looked good. Now that it’s healing up, it’s cracking and fading pretty bad. I’m used to seeing the usual peeling/scabbing, but this is different. i don’t know if it’s the ink or what.
      So i guess my question is: What am i doing wrong, is it the ink or just me?

nytemareh
      Participant

Intenze, moms, eternal find what works for you and throw kit ink in the trash

Jester Ink
      Participant

i got some of that Kuro Sumi ink for lining and tribal. It’s just that the ingrediants contain Witch Hazel and alcohol. I figured that would burn like fire, i aint got the balls to test it on myself yet. Thinks for the feed back.

Jester
      Participant

Starbrite all the way!!

robroy289
      Participant

Alcohol and witch hazel is in just about every ink out there. I use witch hazel to mach my grey wash, it is not only good for thinning down ink it reduces redness and swelling, I use kuro sumi for all my black and some Intenze.. I never get any complaints….

nytemareh
      Participant

I agree with rob totally on this. I use witch hazel to thin my inks and to make my grey wash

robroy289
      Participant

Go to Friction Tattoo supply online they sell ink by half oz. very reasonable prices, and get you a basic color set red, blue ,white, green, yellow, and black from earthier Intenze, Moms, StarBrite, and just get a few at a time until you find the one that works best and the order you a set. But you will find you will like different colors from each company you like better. That’s what i did when i first started out. Main thing is to throw that kit crap in the trash!!! Hope this helps!
      By the way, i am not advertising for friction!!!

ben.catterall
      Participant

Where are you from? If your from the US try http://www.monstersteel.com
      I use these guys for all my stuff and they ship to Australia for a reasonable price. Not sure about shipping to UK or anything though. And I mainly use Mom’s inks for colour and Kuro Sumi for lines and shading. About to try the Kuro Sumi Cherry shading wash and Bronze Shading wash too. Bought them a while ago but never tried them yet

Jester Ink
      Participant

to ben, yep from the US, and the kit i got was from monster steel. to rob and nyte, thinks fer clearing that up for me. just thought that it being a open wound would burn.
      I have thought about getting a ink set, but found out this month that i’m going to be a new dad. So kinda tore between saving for the baby or go on with my plans. In the mean time, still gonna look up those ink ideas. got 2 tats my neighbor chick lady wants me to do sometime soon. one is a huge cover up and another is of jack and sally on her lower back.

nytemareh
      Participant

i understand money being tight. what i did was take a look at the tat your gonna do. then order the colors you need for that tat. i buy a bottle or 2 every pay. it will start to add up.

Jester Ink
      Participant

i never thought of that honestly. I did plan on (when people actually start paying me) take some of that for supplies and ink. Also, i seem to have this problem of what to charge or if i should. I mean, to some. i’m just a shady, basement dweller tattooist. I don’t think it falls under this posting, i’m sorry, but, could somone help with the pricing of my tats?

nytemareh
      Participant

Right now you are in freebie land. People that let you tattoo them need to know your skill level and you are still learning. Your client to stary off with should be yourself and willing lab rat. When you ate startimg to put together good work consistantly then start thinking about charging. At this point get the horse ahead of the cart

robroy289
      Participant

Congratz on the new baby! Just get a little here and there, but buy some quality ink so you aren’t throwing youre money away!!

Jester Ink
      Participant

thanks rob. couldn’t help but notice you joined this site on my b-day. to nyte: thanks fer explaining that to me. i have a bad habit of getting ahead of myself at times.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan