• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I have Radiant ink and I would like to know where the best place to keep it is, it says cool and dry. What temperature would be ideal for keeping this ink?

xDreamerx
      Participant

Not sure about temp. I keep mine at room temp, maybe a lil on the cool side. And never in direct sun light. Maybe someone else can chime in and help out.

Or google tattoo ink temps. I’m more than sure its out there.

Just keep it in normal cool dark area. Sunlight will break it down a little.
      Buy small bottles of ink / pigment – until you know what colors you will use often and are yoru favorites.

LauraP

You can keep it anywhere as long as there is no direct sunlight and should be dry place.

jcarmack
      Participant

UV light in general is bad for anything. Also, some of the brands of inks use plastic polymers in their inks and these can clump together in heat and also break down in UV light. As a rule of thumb you need to keep all or your inks and supplies away from windows and sunlight.

leena

what if there was an ink developed that was sensitive to slight changes in skin temperature? I am not scientist so I have no idea if this would be possible, but this is an idea even I would be interested in. I was thinking of the inks changing to specific colors, for example, one ink would have cool colors like green, blue, and purple, and one could have warm colors like yellow, red, and orange. another could be white, grey, and black, and so forth. obviously temperatures aren’t always the same, so the ink would often be different colors or in between its “main” colors, but that’s what would make it completely awesome. you could sit in the sun and have your tattoo be blue and red, then go in the pool and it could be green and yellow.

Infamous
      Participant

I’m sure it is possible, there are a lot of products out there that do that, and I’d like to see it Leena.

Color changing inks could be the next big thing :/

angie

the only fact i know is not to cold ( you dont want it to freeze) and not under sunlight!!
      if its to hot in your studio put it in the fridge…not to cold tho….thats what i learn with my mentor :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

if they reach over 40*C they are no good, and if they freeze they are no more good
      keep them at room temperature and away from sunlight and youll be fine :D
      ive even heard of some artists who will keep them cool in a fridge, but again you need to avoid freezing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It should be quite better cold you could keep in an cold condition that would be good.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan