• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jtdaltonsr

Anyone use Intenz Zuper black? i got a big bottle of it that was given to me, still in plastic film from manufacturer, exp date is 2013. Was told this is SUPPOSED to be the blackest ink on the market. Before i use this stuff, any comments? Is it liner? or use for tribal?

The bottle that I used was very dark and thick – almost sticky…
      Its good ink though.
      I recommend it

jtdaltonsr

Yeah it is thick, which leads me to another question…Does thickness have anything to do with how it goes in the skin? I would think this type would be excellent for packing in blacks, but I also have seen some black that was rather thin do the same job. That part does confuse me, but in reality, does thickness have anything to do with ANYTHING?

Usually thinner pigments will go in easier – thicker not so much. It depends on your style of tattooing though –
      Thickness will do a lot with the speed you can tattoo and the control you want with the way it flows out of the tube.
      Sometimes I like thick – sometimes I like thin.
      Just depends on your style – and what you are trying to accomplish in the tattoo..
      Its like painting.. some people like watery pigments when they paint – others like it to be a bit more stable.
      Artistic preference and the way the manufacturer builds the product.

jtdaltonsr

Yeah ive noticed that. I have Ichiban Sumi outliner ink, which is pretty thin. That goes straight in, one pass. Ive also used the Intenz Zuper black for outlining, and it goes in well and is dark as HELL but i sometimes have to touch a few lines up more than the Ichiban. Ive also noticed the thinner ink is easier to layer than the thicker inks, the thick ones go in and are just as black as the other layer, at least for me. So i tend to stay away from shading with ANY thick inks until i understand how to manipulate them better. I also dont wash my thick inks down, even though i was told it was recommended when using the Starbrite inks bc i dont want to ruin perfect ink, ya know? I figure its thick for a reason. Maybe not, but until i fully understand what i will be doing, I will leave that alone and just use it as it is right now. Im pretty comfortable with what inks i will use for a particualar piece, for example, if im doing alot of packing, the thick ink works well for me. If im doing some gradients, I use the Ichiban Sumi, even though its for outlining, it still is a GREAT ink for some light shading.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan