• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

hey i have been told that IPA is a better to use for topical cleanseing. but according to safety guidlines on the product that i have you shouldnt use it directly on skin, so my question is A: do you have to dilute it? and B: if so what is a reccomended ratio.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

I prefer to use heavily diluted green soap, or Dr. Bronners.
      During the tattoo session you should just use mild a mix as possible, maybe even straight water.
      Prior to the session you should clean the area w/ Alcohol.
      After the session, I like to spray w/ hydrogen peroxide – just to clean up any specs of blood for photos.

yeah thats what i thought, i have been using it to clean hard surfaces and such things. ive been using diluted green soap since i started. guess i just got some misinformation.
      as for the alcohol, do you use denatured or straight rubbing alcohol?
      sorry to be a bug man but i dont want to harm my clients in the futre when im tattooing properly ya know?

xDreamerx
      Participant

Distilled water…..I used to use GS but then when I noticed what the ingredients were I saw that alcohol was an ingredient and figured/read/seminars…etc. was told distilled was good enough. I’ll use GS for partial clean up and alcohol to prep skin..etc.

leena

Another name of the Isopropyl alcohol is rubbing alcohol. Use rubbing alcohol for first aid for minor cuts and scrapes. If you sustain a minor cut or abrasion, rubbing alcohol can be a cheap and effective antiseptic. For deep or serious wounds you should get prompt medical attention, but rubbing alcohol is effective for minor wounds.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan