• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      conklin90

I have never tattooed before. I have 5 tats and have always loved the art of tattooing. I’m an artist. I make a lot out of wood and I draw and paint on many different surfaces. I recently bought a 4 machine kit from pirateface tattoo online and I’m not sure where to begin. I read some of the book that came with it but I’m not sure where to begin

i bought the same kit and im not sure how far you want to go with tattooing but after my first 2 tattoos i have pretty much bought 2 new machines and going to buy a new power supply and color packer. the cheaper ones didnt break just started to act funny in the middle of my tattooing, my best advice with the pirateface kit is get the feel for tattooing and get rid of it. its not a bad investment because you can see if tattoo is for you, hope all goes well.

nedmanders

i too got that kit. the ink is total crap, the machine i use is the blue dragon one the others i have not used but i think the machine is fine. i may eventually upgrade the machine but i figure i should be able to use just about any machine. i got a new power supply(a digital one, the casket looking thing) that i like a lot. and only used it once, lol. the ink is straight GARBAGE.

yeah i agree about the ink. my power supply is still working just want an upgrade,machines im sending off to a family member the only useful thing i have is the case. dont get me wrong im not blasting it, cause like i said it lets you know if tattooing is for you. if i knew i would have gottin the hang of it this fast i would have just bought piece by piece but why invest money into something and not be sure you want to or can do it.

nedmanders

yeah, i agree totally. i actually bought it with just doing my own tattoos in mind and my friend/roommate also was going to learn with me.(was going to be more or less a hobby type thing to begin with) i actually would really like to pursue it further after giving it a go for fun and seeing that i am satisfied with my ability as just a ‘hobby tattoo artist’.

my power supply works fine as well that i got in the kit. only thing is after i ordered the new one, i also ordered an attachment so when that came i was gonna turn everything on to see if the attachment worked and i had issues with my powersupply. turns out the part of the cord for the foot pedal that plugs into it was falling apart and i last used it around christmas it worked fine. glad i got the nicer one on impulse.

i am satisfied with the machine i use, but i am sure i will upgrade that sooner or later or at least buy another machine or two just to get the feel of other machines and maybe i will find a better one that i like more.

best of luck to both of you :)

nedmanders

i got some random ink off ebay, it went in super awesome i was really happy with it.(black) and i thought hey way better than the stuff with the kit. well the tattoo healed in a little over a week and its way lighter than the black i got in the kit. i was so disappointed. i gotta get a few more blacks to try out. i could tell it was way lighter cus i did a tattoo of a rune on the inside of my wrist and i did a full hand tattoo with the kit black ink and that is hella darker. i think my next black i am going to try is either intenze or starbrite or the millenium moms. i forgot which one someone on the forums said wasnt too impressive for the black.

i havent used intenz or starbrite but for my colors ive used the moms,its okay but im sure the more expensive would work better. for black i use “black buddha” stuff works good for me black as the day it went in,the grey wash works good as well. i think it all comes down to what works for you. im a “hobbiest/scratcher whatever you feel like calling me” but i havent put trash on anybody. on my 4th tattoo my clip cord broke just before starting and i had to take it apart solder it, needless to say replaced it. i have mainly done family a friend.

nedmanders

i was really curious about the black buddha. i know a lot of people have had really good things to say about the intenze and the starbrite, i am thinkin the budget i am at currently i will get some of the black buddha to try and then some starbrite inks to try out. in a few months or whenever i order inks next i will try the intenze inks.

robroy289
      Participant

Hey guys if you are on a budgett go to superrior tattoo supply and try out the intenze black lineing ink 1 oz. bottles. You can’t go wrong i think. And starbrite half oz. bottles for color. Ive been useing these for over a year and they heal nice and brite. Also mom’s for darker shades of color. Hope it helps.. :D

yeah thanks i use moms but need to start trying out new stuff. i have seen alot of people talking about the intenz black ill probably try it out next.

robroy289
      Participant

On my previous post i meant to say friction tattoo supply.com. They have a wide varity of stuff and no order limit. I found that very helpfull when i was starting out. And also neddlesupply.com. There you can order needles without haveing to buy the whole box and they offer the disposable grip and tip combo to go with. I just thought i would throw that out there. Hope it helps you out.

tat2theEarth

For black ink im pretty fixed on kuro sumi.. i went and got my collarbones tattooed and he used kuro sumi black outlining ink and its been a few months its still as black as the day i got it. They have a 3 pack of 6 oz bottles with black, greywash, and soft grey inks too that cost about 45 for the set, so u dont have to make your own wash. I use starbrite inks and i have the tribal black and outlining ink from starbrite and they work great too, ive done a few on myself and others with no complaints at all, so im gonna use the rest of it up before investing in the kurosumi bottles.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan