• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys, I’m more than likely the newest member but i figured i’d jump right to the chase. I’ve been tattooing for 2 days and i am having a very odd issue. When i make my lines, a lot of the time when I wipe, there is no black line. I have to go over and over it like 4 times completly overworking the skin in order for the outline to show up. I’m not sure if i’m explaining this right so lets try colors

Stencil before ink is applied
      line after ink is applied
      line after wiped

What i’m trying to say is that the ink is not going in with my first pass. I’ve tried putting the needle in deeper, shallower and in between. I’m using a 5RL at 9.0 voltz and a strong 3 point stretch. I have not used patroilum jelly because i don’t have it. I’ve watched youtube videos where people are doing this with so much ease. It’s getting annoyed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My guess is that your springs / coils are not hitting hard enough – or your power supply is not strong enough.
      In my opinion – when you first start out – better to make tattoos that are too light – than to make them scab and hamburger meat

Anonymous
      Inactive

You could have take tattoo artist advice that would be helpful for you rather than you to suffer.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

make sure that you are using decent gear for one. If you’re using cheap chinese stuff it’s going to make things much harder. also be sure your machines are all tuned properly, and be sure to have quality inks. Without knowing the stuff you have it makes it really hard to determine what is going wrong. Could be a depth issue, gear issues, or pigment issue.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan