• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      TexasPT

Did this one today on a friend of mine.

Lined with a 5 round and then went to fill with a five mag. I think I would have been better off using a 9 loose round to fill. I messed with the gap on my shader and had it hitting too soft for packing. So while I didn’t kill the skin it took longer than it should have I think.

ricoh65
      Participant

Texas check out my kanji piece…I think you could of 7 or 9 round shader it all around…I like to feather the shaders and mags so it causes LESS trauma to the skin…(Just a suggestion) GREAT WORK BRO!!!

Atchitol

Nice dude!

Tarantula

Some chinese caligraphy I did for a friend about 6 months ago. I used flats for shading as they get into corners nicely, if you want a “painted on” look then use flats like you would a brush with no outline.

TexasPT

Looks great. Do you outline it, or just go to town? Ricoh on here said he just goes round shader the whole way…and that kind of makes sense to me.

Tarantula

That one is outlined, he wants some bamboo put in the background which I will do in greywash without a liner to give the impression of distance. Using a round shader for Kanji without outline gives it a softer edge, using a flat 5 can give it a more brushed on look. Personally I’m not so keen on kanji with such soft edges unless it serves a purpose.

ssuratos

Check out my very first work! its Kanji character representing strength/power.

Viper65

I recently read, or watched a video that said those rounds traumatize the skin more so than a mag. Personally I like a flat mag for this type of work judging by the size I would have used a like a 9 flat mag to pack in the colr. Not sure if that is the correct way, but that is most likely what i would have done non the less…….. 8-)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan