• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

So today is my first official day as an apprentice at Big Johnson Ink in Calgary , Alberta, Canada! I’m super excited to open a new chapter after 20+ years in food service. My (paying) job is right next door to the shop & everyone has been supportive & flexible, allowing me to work, apprentice and attend some art classes that also begin today at ACAD. (A true blessing, getting into this at the ripe old age of 36)

I know & have been told, that this is the hardest thing I will ever do but I also know that in the end it will be worth it to have a career where I can express myself artistically.

So…any advice on surviving apprenticeship?

Infamous
      Participant

Welcome to the forum! I’d say just try to soak up as much information as possible, and don’t let anything get to you to bad and you’ll be fine. Remember your apprenticeship will be over soon and you’ll get to do whatever you want after! Keep your eye on the prize and so on and so forth

So keep doing what I’ve been doing :) so far things are going well. I’m eager to learn & help out around the shop…even getting used to the traditional “razzing” an apprentice takes lol

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Welcome

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan