• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      chadley

I’m still having trouble with my lines. They come out way light, and I always have to go back over them. I used a 5 round liner, and seven flat for shade.

giliegil

they look allright from what i can tell – but if anything try a 7 or even 9 liner …….. :geek:

tat2theEarth

Maybe try stretching the skin a lil tighter and slowing down ur hand a little to get a good solid line first time, Idk if this helps , what kind of ink you using? Could maybe be the machine speed as well

chadley

@tat2theEarth wrote:

Maybe try stretching the skin a lil tighter and slowing down ur hand a little to get a good solid line first time, Idk if this helps , what kind of ink you using? Could maybe be the machine speed as well

The ink is prism. And I Tend to believe I may be moving a little faster than I should. Also trying to figure out how to work off the needle tips a little more, rather than having the tube almost touching skin. Semi frustrated at this point. Just need more practice!!

chadley

@tat2theEarth wrote:

Thanks for the advise by the way.

tat2theEarth

I hear ya man I’m just starting out, I always work off the needle tip but I noticed that when it don’t take, I just dip it, wipe it, strech the skin n go back over it slower and it turns out good. If that don’t work I would try speeding up the machine, voltage first, if that don’t work then adjust with the contact screw.. this is based on my own observation, hopefully ill have an apprenticeship soon n learn better technique

Dirtytripsix

Switch to talens. That prism black is no good. If your having to make more than one pass, up your voltage a little at a time, half volt incriments until your lines are smooth. Typically 7rl makes it easier to make clean lines than a 5. Always make sure you are consistent

chadley

I wish I was just out of high school again. It’s hard to do an old school scrub the toilet, sweep the shop floor apprenticeship when you have a house and family to keep up with. I thank those of you who comment , and share their knowledge . I can’t wait to use your tips.

Dirtytripsix

I feel that one. I would get tired of being the shop bitch in like 15 minutes.. As you said being an adult and a family man, i think my pride would get in the way..

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan