• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      -Candy-
      Participant

I’m not sure if this is the place to ask this but I’m going to give it a shot and let admin move it if needed.

I have two questions (and I’m not an apprentice). A few years ago I had a tat done and discovered that my skin doesn’t take red well. The tat is of a Pegasus and was supposed to be lavender. The artist mixed blue and red and white and tested the color on his rag and it was perfect but when it went on my skin it turned out dark blue. About 6 months later I had a test spot done using an actual lavender ink and it came out medium blue….Red just doesn’t like me…lol). Is it possible to somehow lighten the Pegasus? And if so….how?

wow…
      I have never heard of red coming out as blue in the skin – possibly blue remnants left over in a dirty tube?

inky V

yeah thats weird but i have a friend that has a tattoo done by a professional machine but he must have used shitty quality ink because it’s an eagle and he said it used to be brown, but its now green. plus the lines look like shit.

jcarmack
      Participant

Sounds like they might be using inks with oxides, metals or an unstable dry pigment that might have been mixed with something that it reacted with.

I’ve been doing my own homework and have been coming up with my own proprietary blends of ink. You’ll end up saving a whole lot of money in the long run when you get your blends down and find a good supplier of pigments. It’s really not that hard and is kind of fun.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It could be weird if you had over exposed to it i would like to keep that color constant only.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan